A go-with-the-flow, loving, and holistic family based in Los Angeles is seeking a calm, authentic, experienced, and equally go-with-the-flow hybrid nanny/family assistant to care for their 3-month-old boy!
This family is excited to dive into the adventure of raising their first child, ready to celebrate the twists and turns of the journey. With equally quiet and bustling lifestyles, they are ready to take on anything and everything. This family deeply values a healing, holistic, and wellness-based approach to life; their home is free of televisions, free of plastics, and 100% vegan! They are exploring various child-rearing philosophies and are particularly interested in the RIE method. They’ve found their 3-month-old to be incredibly comfortable in his own being and at peace with his environment. A happy and loving baby, he enjoys exploring this brand new world through his own eyes! The whole family is excited to introduce a nanny who can appreciate their ethos, follow their lead, and be quick on their feet for the adventures ahead.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a go-with-the-flow mentality and excellent communication, listening, and multi-tasking skills. Having a deep sense of calm and intuition and being comfortable following the family’s lead will be essential in this home to allow space for mom and baby to grow and learn together. There will be many opportunities for household and family assisting tasks throughout the day so the family can prioritize their time with one another. This may include maintaining inventories, managing schedules, running errands, light pet care for their cat, watering plants, and pitching in with the overall tidiness and organization of the home.
The family also employs a housekeeper and a cook and have fostered a pitch-in environment in their home. The family has a second home in NYC and travels frequently throughout the year, both domestically and internationally, for work, philanthropic, and personal reasons. The family deeply values a lack of modern distractions for their baby, such as noisy toys and screens; a candidate with a tranquil, connected presence will thrive in this environment.
This is a full-time, live-out position offering 40 guaranteed hours per week. The family has some flexibility and is happy to discuss a routine schedule that works well for everyone. The family is offering $30-$35/hour and are open to discussing benefits such as assistance with healthcare and paid time off. Driving will be required, and a nanny vehicle will be provided while on duty. The family will be interviewing through July and hope to find the right person to join their team in mid-August!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a warm, loving, and safe environment for the baby to grow and thrive
- Bring a tranquil, even-keeled attitude to the daily routine of the baby
- Be a pillar of support for the parents and baby as they grow and learn alongside each other
- Have a deep sense of step in and step out intuition
- Pitch in with the overall cleanliness and organization of the home
- Various family assisting tasks as assigned by the family (including running errands, maintaining inventories, managing schedules, etc.)
- Light pet care for the family cat
- Travel occasionally with the family to provide support for the family
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A valid passport
- Experience working with infants
- Travel experience
- Knowledge of a second language, especially Spanish or French, is a huge plus!
- Highly efficient and able to multi-task
- A great listener with a deep sense of intuition; comfortable following the family’s lead
- Dedication to maintaining a mindful and healthy lifestyle
- Flexible and adaptable to schedule changes
- Organized, tidy, and able to think several steps ahead
- A calm, even-keeled presence