A loving, dynamic family based in Palo Alto is excited to welcome their newborn to the family this December! They are seeking 2 Registered Nurses for 6-month contracts who have experience working in a neonatal intensive care unit.
The family couldn’t be more thrilled to meet the new addition to their home; their baby will be undergoing open-heart surgery a few months after being born, and are thus hopeful for a candidate who is supportive, confident, and extremely knowledgeable and hygiene/safety-conscious. The ideal candidate will need to be an RN with recent clinical experience working as a neonatal nurse.
The family is seeking 2 RNs who can support mom and baby throughout the day and monitor during rest hours; one will work the daytime shift and the other the overnight shift. Primary responsibilities will include general safety-conscious care for the newborn, ensuring doctor’s instructions are being met, and assisting with the newborn’s sleep and feeding schedules. Additional responsibilities include working with the newborn care team to ensure care consistency and management of child-related duties, such as cleaning/sterilizing bottles, keeping the nursery area and baby’s clothing clean, and more. The overnight RN will be staying in the same room as mom and baby and sometimes another member of the newborn care team. The family is happy to provide private and quiet off-site accommodations while off duty to ensure rest and rejuvenation.
The scheduled delivery date is 12/6/2019, and the family hopes to have their Registered Nurse team in place before that time. They are offering a 6-month contract, and the general schedule will include 12-hour shifts. The family is happy to discuss a competitive compensation package and is offering $720/day for the 7am-7pm shift and $840/evening for the 7pm-7am shift.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license, are a Registered Nurse, and have clinical NICU experience. This family is happy to consider temporary relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Provide constant and reliable care and monitoring for both mom and baby
- Be actively mindful of hygiene and safety and medical needs when working with baby
- Monitor resting hours for both mom and baby and assist in structuring a feeding and sleep routine
- Ensure that doctor’s instructions are being followed through
- Collaborate with parents, nannies, family members, and/or household staff to ensure a continuation of care
- Create a nurturing and safe environment for newborn to thrive
- Provide support and education to the new parents in an approachable and open way
- Pitch in with the overall tidiness of the family environment and children’s areas
- Candidate must be a Registered Nurse
- Recent clinical experience working as a neonatal nurse
- Extremely safety and hygiene-conscious
- Professional and working knowledge of every aspect of newborn care
- Experience working on contracts with newborns and helping families bring babies home from the hospital
- Experience creating structure and routine in a warm and loving way
- Possess experience exhibiting discretion and loyalty while working with executive families
- A positive, can-do, team-player attitude
- A valid driver’s license
- Able to commit to the requested contract period