An adventurous, fun-loving family that spends their year wintering in California, summering in Minnesota, and the fall and holiday season in London, is seeking a knowledgeable, flexible, and playful nanny for their 1-year-old girl!
This loving family is eager to find a thoughtful, outgoing, and reliable nanny who is flexible for travel and is excited to implement and develop their understanding of early childhood development when caring for and engaging their daughter. The ideal candidate for this position will be excited to nurture their 1-year-old’s sense of curiosity and wonder and provide stimulating, enriching experiences for an inquisitive, happy little girl! The family’s household includes a supportive staff, and this role will be focused primarily on childcare. Pitching in towards child-related household duties, meal prep, and light tidying will be greatly appreciated.
This is a full-time, live-in position of 45-50 hours per week. The general schedule will fall on Mondays through Fridays beginning at 8am and consisting of 8 to 10 hour days, and will be solidified a week in advance. Occasional weekend coverage upon agreement will be appreciated. Accommodations will include a separate living area with a private entrance and courtyard in their gated community in California, and a separate apartment when in Minnesota. The family is offering $30-35+/hour and are open to discussing benefits such as assistance with healthcare, PTO, sick days, and a gym membership as needed. Driving is required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty. This position will ideally begin in January 2020, though the family is open to an earlier start date for the perfect candidate!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the child
- Interact educationally and creatively with active and curious child
- Provide enriching learning and developmental experiences, outings, and adventures beyond basic care
- Nurture the child’s inquisitive spirit and love to learn
- Travel with the family and provide support at each residence
- Plan activities and support a varying daily schedule. Become an asset to the family when traveling or spending time with family and friends
- Child-related household duties including child’s laundry, tidying, and meal prep
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A valid passport
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A deep knowledge and understanding of early childhood education and developmental milestones
- An engaging, educational, and nurturing approach to childcare
- Experience traveling with a family
- Flexibility to travel with the family throughout the year
- A proactive, organized, and pitch-in spirit
Photos provided by the family