A kind, loving, and go-with-the-flow nanny is needed to join a growing family of five in the beautiful Bay Area!
The family is getting ready to welcome baby number four in December to join two brothers aged 6 and 7 and a daughter who will be 3 in August. Both parents hail from Ireland and enjoy traveling back to their home country one or two times a year. There is a lot of love and action in this busy household, and someone who is excited can take initiative and display wonderful judgement will excel in this role for years to come!
The ideal candidate will have extensive newborn experience and be excited to help transition the family as they welcome their newest member. Your day may consist of riding bikes or working on homework with the boys, taking the children to school, and helping the children to tidy up after activities and mealtime. You will also be jumping in with household tasks such as meal prep, laundry, and managing schedules while working as a team with the stay at home mom and morning nanny/housekeeper.
An overall can-do attitude along with a good understanding of developmental milestones, newborn care, while lovingly set boundaries and maintaining an active healthy lifestyle are a must. Piano skills, a love of music, and/or knowledge of a second language would be a wonderful bonus!
The family enjoys travel and is excited to invite their nanny to join them. Whether snowboarding in Tahoe, swimming in Hawaii, or spending time with family in Ireland, you will be an integral part of making for smooth and fun sailing on their trips. The family has a 10-seat airplane that the father captains, so get ready to take-off in style!
The weekly schedule will be 12:30pm-8:30pm with opportunity for overnights and additional shifts with advanced notice. Salary is generous and commensurate with experience. Healthcare benefits, two weeks paid time off, and sick days will all be offered to the right candidate. An electric nanny vehicle is provided for transporting children, so a valid driver’s license and clean driving record are key for a successful candidate.
This is a live-out position. Candidates who are local to the Bay Area will be given preference!
– Basic childcare duties including but not limited to: feeding, bathing, dressing, morning and bedtime routines
– Jumping in with household management tasks such as: managing schedules, planning activities, laundry, healthy meal preparation for this children, and general ability to jump in as needed
– Engaging the children in creative, educational, and nurturing activities
– Providing loving and nurturing support for the family as a whole
– Experience with newborns, toddlers, and elementary aged children
– Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
– Current passport
– Active lifestyle and an interest in travel
– A sweet, calm, and patient demeanor
– Proactive and excited to join the family as a team member