Do you want to join a fun-loving and active family, skiing, hiking, playing water sports, and exploring the outdoors in the gorgeous mountains of Durango, Colorado?! This sporty, creative, and nature-loving family is looking for the perfect nanny to lovingly care for their 12, 9, and 5-year-old daughters!
The ideal candidate has experience working with multiple children at a time with the capacity to multi-task and anticipate family needs while staying organized and upbeat. The ideal candidate for this position has a positive, cheerful, and optimistic personality, with an active, engaging, and sporty life-style. Both parents are avid outdoor explorers who spend their leisure time paddle-boarding, skiing, mountain biking and playing in the nearby river. This position requires skiing experience, experience caring for children around water, and experience rock climbing would be a welcome bonus. The nanny will be assisting in day-to-day routines for the children alongside their loving and involved parents who live in 2 separate homes.
The nanny will be assisting the youngest to prepare for kindergarten, so the ideal candidate has experience in a preschool, kindergarten, or primary school. Things to expect will be: managing schedules, driving, laundry, light cooking and meal preparation, picking up after the children and helping to maintain a tidy home, and planning lots of fun outdoor activities like heading down the river to swim, or taking ski trips to Purgatory and Silverton!
The schedule will be varied based on Dad’s irregular work schedule and will have a guaranteed 30 hours a week. This position is open to relocation candidates, and a vehicle will be provided for the transportation of the children. Separate live-in accommodations are provided adjacent to the main home, in their own private one-bedroom house. Additional scheduling changes, overnights, and travel will be scheduled in advance. Compensation is dependent on experience. Paid time off and sick days are also offered.
• Childcare duties including but not limited to: assisting with morning and bedtime routines, homework help, scheduling, and providing transportation to school and activities
• Provide enriching experiences and activities beyond basic care including; creative age appropriate educational activities and adventures
• Prepare healthy balanced meals for the children
• Preparing the youngest for kindergarten
• Collaborate with parents
• Assist with child related housekeeping duties and pitch in to the overall tidiness of the family environment
• Run errands for the family while children are in school
• Provide childcare during travel
• At least 2 years professional childcare experience
• Positive, energetic, optimistic team player
• A clean driving record
• Neat and tidy
• Flexible and adaptable to schedule changes
• Patient, kind and nurturing
• Good skier
• Experience caring for children around water