An outdoorsy, dynamic family currently based in Truckee, CA is seeking an engaging, supportive, and adventure-loving private educator for their 2nd, 4th, and 7th-grade children!
This high energy family is down to earth and always ready for an outdoor activity! When they aren’t enjoying Lake Tahoe and skiing in Truckee, CA, they return to their San Francisco home near Presidio Forest where they can hike, bike, and explore. During COVID they have felt at home in Truckee, where their three children actively participate in competitive alpine skiing! The children are all currently participating in virtual school, and they are looking forward to transitioning the primary education for their 2nd and 4th grader to homeschooling with a talented private educator. Their 7th grader will be receiving the bulk of their educational support locally in tandem with their ski schedule. Post-COVID, the family loves to travel, especially to New Zealand where they spend most of their summer! Their family is welcoming and friendly, and includes their live-in nanny who has been with them for 8+ years, and their sweet 3-year-old collie! They are excited to find a private educator who can join their team and support their children’s education.
This position is ideal for a candidate who is warm, engaging, and excited to inspire three active and bright students! The position will balance implementing provided curriculum from the children’s school as well as supporting educational and creative pursuits outside of this curriculum. Adaptability and creativity are key, as an important aspect of the role will be tailoring the children’s education to their competitive skiing schedules. The ideal educator will be a collaborative team player to work alongside the family, nanny, and children’s school, have fantastic administrative, organizational, and tech-savvy skills, and can confidently manage all aspects of academics and distance learning. A candidate who loves being in the mountains and active outdoors including in the winter will feel right at home in this role! The family is also raising their children to speak Mandarin, and while not required, Mandarin knowledge would be a big plus, or excitement to learn alongside the children.
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours/week, with the bulk of the schedule falling on Mondays through Wednesdays with flexibility required and appreciated on other weekdays.
- Live-in/Live-Out: Live-in. Accommodations while in Truckee include a luxury guest room with private bath in the family’s home, and a separate guest cottage while in San Francisco.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $40-45+/hour DOE. Other benefits offered such as PTO, relocation assistance, and a healthcare stipend to be offered depending on candidate need.
- Contract Length: This position will begin as soon as possible and extend through June 2021, with the potential to extend to long-term should it be a perfect fit. The role will take place approximately four months in Truckee, CA and two months in San Francisco, CA. Upon hire, the candidate will quarantine for 7-10 days before joining the family’s COVID bubble in Truckee.
- Creatively implement provided curriculum
- Supplement the children’s provided curriculum with hands-on, inspiring learning experiences
- Collaborate with the parents, the children’s schools, and the children to ensure educational milestones are being met; hold regular check-ins to discuss long-term and short-term educational goals
- Utilize student-led learning approaches that inspire curiosity, a love for learning, and educational independence, while still providing a structured, productive environment
- Travel with the family as needed and adapt curriculum utilizing the travel itinerary and destinations
- Be a supportive teacher and well-rounded role model to encourage the growth of the children as a whole
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time teaching experience in a classroom or homeschool environment
- Valid driver’s license and passport preferred
- Recent, applicable classroom/private education experience with elementary through middle school-aged students
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an educational-related field
- Strong administrative, organizational, and tech-savvy skills
- Collaborative with strong communication skills
- Outdoor-loving with an excitement for outdoor activities such as skiing, hiking, and snowshoeing
- Mandarin knowledge is a plus!
- Ability to participate in the family’s COVID precautions and isolate with the family while in Truckee
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in an education-related field. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!