A heart-filled, warm, and friendly family is seeking an educational, energetic, experienced, and intuitive nanny! Based in Denver, CO, they hope to find the perfect candidate to care for their two boys, aged 6 and 2.5 years old.
These dual-career, loving parents have created a home environment that values family above all else. They foster strong, supportive relationships within their family and in their caregivers as well, and have plenty of fun! Both of their boys are bright and inquisitive, their 6-year-old loves to read and write while their 2-year-old has thrived in play-based learning. Their youngest will be entering preschool part-time and their oldest will be entering the 1st grade in the fall at a gifted and talented school. He has also been diagnosed with high functioning ASD, anxiety, and ADHD and needs an extra-patient and engaging caregiver to help him navigate socioemotional and sensory challenges.
The family is seeking an experienced, proactive, and joyful nanny and educator to provide a stimulating, educationally-focused, and purposeful environment in which their children can develop and delve deeper into their love to learn! They value a candidate who can balance creating a warm and fun environment while also maintaining firm boundaries. Currently in northwest Denver, the family will be moving to central Denver later this year as they complete the building of their new home.
The ideal candidate for this position will be adaptable, organized, ready to go with the flow, and full of ideas on how to make each day fun and filled with learning opportunities! As the boys’ interests grow and develop, the family hopes for a candidate who can assist with and expand upon their school work, provide play-based learning activities, and set them up for success. A background or working knowledge of early childhood education will be essential and someone who knows how to be proactive in planning educational exploratory missions around town will be key! Maintaining structure and organization within the household and supporting the boys’ routines will be a large part of this role in order to create an intentional and stimulating environment.
The family is excited to find a candidate with a proactive, thoughtful mindset who can pitch in to various tasks as needed around the home, such as child-related household duties, tidying, grocery shopping, overseeing cleaners, and light pet care for their 2 sweet cats. Preparing healthy, nutritious meals for the children is a must while preparing meals for the whole family would be a huge bonus! The family travels to Italy once every year and they would be excited for their future nanny to join them if able!
This is a full-time live-out position of 40 to 50 hours per week. The general schedule will fall on Mondays through Fridays from mornings to evenings, with occasional late evenings, possible overnights, and travel (if desired) appreciated. The family is offering $27 to $30/hour with 40 guaranteed hours per week and are open to discussing benefits such as assistance with healthcare, PTO, and sick days. Driving will be required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty. They hope to find the perfect candidate to join their family by the end of July 2019!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid passport, driver’s license and clean driving record. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Provide a stimulating, nurturing, and purposeful environment in which children can thrive and develop
- Help maintain and bring an even-keeled atmosphere to the children’s daily routine
- Assist with homework and help foster childhood learning
- Provide enriching, play-based learning activities and outings for the children throughout the year
- Become an asset to the family when traveling or spending time with family and friends
- Read to the children. When home from school, support 6-year old with reading and writing development (which he loves!), as needed
- Plan and supervise rest and nap time for 2-year old
- Support and help implement recommendations suggested by 6-year old’s therapy support team
- Manage and supervise (limited) access to screen time for both boys
- Prepare healthy, nutritious meals for the children (or the whole family depending on candidate’s preferences)
- Various household and family assisting tasks such as tidying, grocery shopping, overseeing cleaners, and light pet care for their 2 cats
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A valid passport
- A college degree preferred
- Early childhood education experience and/or further formal training in a childcare-related field a huge plus
- Training and experience in (or strong, self-directed interest in learning about) children with special needs, specifically Gifted, High Functioning ASD, Anxiety, and ADHD
- Organized, efficient, and extremely reliable
- Energetic and engaging spirit
- An all hands on deck attitude
- Flexible and adaptable to schedule changes and able to provide occasional overnight care
- Knowledge of Italian language not required but a big plus!