On a remote island in the Bahamas, a positive, loving, and hardworking family are seeking a patient, engaging, and fun-loving nanny to care for their two girls, aged 3 years and 4 months old.
Originally from New York, the family now runs a private club on a serene, quiet, and peaceful island in the middle of the Bahamas that is only accessible via boat or seaplane. Although a full year can be full of fun, surf, and island-living, this hardworking family also invests their time and energy into their work. They thrive on positivity and fostering an engaging, loving environment with their children. Their 3-year-old is well-known around the club for being a happy-go-lucky, social, and smart toddler who loves to stay active, explore, and, especially, to swim! Their infant is smiley and happy, is very good at sleeping, and is on a strict schedule with feeding and naps. The family hopes to oversee the construction of a school on the island in the next few years and hopes to find a nanny to truly become an extended part of their family for years to come.
The ideal candidate for this position will be engaged, positive, fun-loving, and extremely passionate about working with children. Having a sense of professionalism and dedication to the role will also be important, as the family hopes to find someone who can be a reflection of them while interacting with members and staff of the club. While the school project is underway, the family also hopes for a candidate who can nurture their children’s development and love of learning until they can begin school. Someone with experience working with infants and toddlers at the same time will be a huge plus! Though the number one priority of their nanny will be the care of their girls, a candidate who can pitch in with laundry, grocery shopping (via golf cart!), and meal and bottle preparations will be greatly appreciated. A candidate with a sense of adventure, a genuine love for children, and excitement at the prospect of making this island their home will thrive alongside this family.
This is a full-time live-out position with private accommodations provided; a one-bedroom studio apartment right on the ocean. The family is offering 40 to 60 hours a week, generally from 8 am to 8 pm with two days off per week. Flexibility to provide occasional evening coverage will be appreciated. The family travels several times during the year and are seeking a candidate who is comfortable traveling with them or providing primary care while they are away. They are offering generous compensation that commensurates with experience as well as generous vacation and sick days. Health insurance will be offered after a 6-month probationary period. They hope to find the perfect someone to join their family in the Bahamas as soon as possible!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, are able to swim, and speak perfect English.
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children
- Plan, supervise, and maintain rest, bed, and nap times, as well as morning and evening routines
- Provide overnight and primary care as needed
- Interact confidently, educationally, and creatively with active and curious children
- Plan local outings and adventures for the children
- Support a varying daily schedule. Become an asset to the family when traveling or spending time with family and friends
- Help foster childhood learning
- Provide age-appropriate educational and developmentally appropriate activities and opportunities for young children
- Assist with family laundry and grocery shopping
- Prepare healthy, balanced meals for the children as well as dinners for the family
- A valid US passport
- Comfortability driving a golf cart
- At least 5 years of professional nanny experience
- Experience working with infants and toddlers at the same time
- Familiarity with developmental milestones and early childhood education
- Engaging and active with a true passion for caring for children
- Excellent swimmer and comfortable caring for children in and around water
- Professional and polite demeanor, balancing a laid-back attitude with high standards of excellence
- Positive, energetic, optimistic, responsible, proactive team player
- Health conscious and able to prepare wholesome meals
- Loves the outdoors and enjoys physical activities like hiking, running, and exploring