A travel-loving, dynamic family based in Lake Tahoe is seeking an adventurous, experienced, and adaptable private educator for their 6-year-old daughter!
With a home base in Incline Village, NV, this family under normal circumstances loves to travel any chance they get, including to their homes in Italy, Bali, and Laguna Beach! They are active and love outdoor activities from snowboarding to mountain biking to surfing. Their daughter is bright and began her education early and is currently in the 1st grade level. She has been homeschool utilizing the Global Village School curriculum and has been learning and speaking Italian and Spanish! The family follows a year-round teaching schedule (6 weeks of teaching and 1 “camp week” full of fun-filled, enriching activities), and ensure that their learner center at each location is an inspiring educational space separate from their home whenever possible. The family is passionate about her creative education and instilling values of diversity, empathy, and integrity, and they hope to find a long-term fit in their future educator!
This position is ideal for an educator who is experienced, ready to jump in with both feet, and is excited to work in a creative, go with the flow teaching environment. A candidate who is passionate about using the world as their classroom will thrive in this role. A Bachelor’s degree in an education-related field, teaching credentials, and experience teaching in a classroom are essential. This educator will be implementing the Global Village school curriculum and working alongside the program’s educational liaison to create educational goals and ensure milestones are being met. Creativity to smoothly implement core curriculum into a creative, hands-on teaching environment will be key. The family strongly values an educator who brings bilingualism to the role, or a candidate who can find ways to implement language learning into day-to-day curriculum. An educator who is passionate about working with children while being comfortable to jump in with childcare will fit in seamlessly, as once school hours are over their educator will be in charge of facilitating engaging and enriching activities for the remainder of the day!
This is a full-time position of 40-50 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Mondays through Fridays from 8:30am-4:30pm and private, separate accommodations provided year round in each location. The family is offering $35-$40+/hour in addition to assistance with healthcare, PTO, sick days, and an employer-provided vehicle for both work and personal use. The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit and hope for at least a one year commitment with potential to extend!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in an education-related field. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe learning environment for the child
- Utilize Global Village School curriculum as a guide to create lesson plans and activities (being sure to implement core curriculum as well)
- Collaborate with parents, the family’s education liaison, and the child to create educational goals and ensure milestones are being met
- Discover educational opportunities in the area to take the classroom outside or to other places of interest
- Comfortable with healthy meal prep and can find ways to incorporate this into class time. Please note that this family follows a vegan diet!
- Provide engaging, enriching activities outside of class time
- Travel with the family throughout the year and develop creative lesson plans that utilize each destination
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time teaching experience in a classroom or homeschool setting with elementary-aged students
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an education-related field and teaching credentials
- Italian, Spanish and/or French knowledge a big plus!
- Able to provide at least a 1 year commitment with potential to extend
- Knowledge of Global Village School curriculum a plus
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Passion for the outdoors and activities will be valued