An adventurous family is searching for the perfect travel-ready private educator to join them at home and on their worldwide travels to enrich their 4-year-old daughter’s education! From Laguna Beach to Indonesia to Italy, the perfect candidate will be excited about other cultures, languages, loves the outdoors, and will have an adventurous and active spirit.
Both parents work from home, which means home could be anywhere around the world for this family! They are very active, from snowboarding to surfing to any outdoor activities that come along with living life in the mountains or on the beach or anywhere else their travels might take them. The family is eager to find a long-term fit who values an active and self-starting lifestyle as they do. This position will suit a candidate who has a high level of flexibility, is a self-starter, and will be able to create and implement a core curriculum for the family’s child that is fun, cool, engaging, academic, and can be influenced by their travels. The family wants the flexibility to eventually place their daughter back into a traditional school setting several years down the road, based on the needs of their daughter.
The ideal candidate for this position will have an outdoorsy, adventurous spirit with a passion for education. Beyond proven classroom/private educator experience, should be comfortable with light household duties, such as picking up around the house, transporting their daughter to and from activities, and the occasional grocery run. Someone who is comfortable preparing gluten-free and vegan meals for their daughter would be a huge plus! This is a trilingual household and their daughter is growing up learning to speak Spanish and Italian and the family would love to find someone with proficiency in one or both of these romance languages or a desire to learn! A candidate who has extensive educational training with a passion and dedication for children’s education will thrive in this role for years to come.
This is a full-time position that is live-out while in Laguna Beach, CA, and live-in while traveling. The family is happy to help with housing costs for a candidate who is not local to the Laguna Beach area. They are offering a competitive hourly compensation of $30-35/hour dependent on experience and are open to discussing benefits. They hope to find the perfect candidate by August 2019!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and a rich education background and teaching credentials. This family is happy to consider travel-ready, adventurous, and self-starting educators from all over the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Research, develop and implement a creative and fun curriculum using the “worldschool” philosophy along with some fundamental academic structure including reading, writing, & arithmetic.
- Working with parents to create the best methods of learning, including very hands-on, interactive learning activities.
- Collaborate with parents to meet and exceed developmental milestones, educational goals, and plan for future development
- Ability to travel frequently for extended periods of time
- Provide enriching learning and developmental experiences and activities that promote an active, outdoorsy lifestyle
- Pitching in to the overall tidiness of the family’s environment
- Transporting children to and from school and activities
- Shopping for groceries, prepping for meals and cooking basic, healthy, vegetarian/vegan and gluten-free meals for the child preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in early childhood education or equivalent teaching experience
- Experience working with children in an alternative or experiential learning environment preferred
- A genuine love of learning and desire to make a lasting impact on a child’s life
- Valid passport and flexibility to travel
- Valid driver’s license, with clean record
- Curriculum and lesson planning, early childhood education, classroom, or tutoring experience
- Candidates who are fluent in Italian and Spanish will be prioritized
- A true sense of adventure and the ability to adapt to different travel environments across the world
- Comfortable working with parents in the home
- Active and loves the outdoors