A loving, adventurous family is seeking a travel-ready, engaging, and active tutor to join them in a year-long trip around the world! They hope to find the perfect educationally-minded candidate to travel the globe and enrich their children’s learning and experiences, as they visit various regions around the globe.
With Africa, Europe, Asia, and more on the itinerary, this family wants to provide their 5-year-old girl and 8-year-old boy, with every opportunity to experience and learn from their travels. From making sushi in Japan to boat rides on the Seine, these children are no strangers to adventure, and their family loves implementing engaging and educational activities with every location they visit. The family has put together a wonderful team to create a curriculum that is aligned with their travel itinerary and is seeking the perfect candidate to put this curriculum into action and maximize their children’s learning experiences as they travel the world.
The ideal candidate for this position will be an experienced and reliable tutor, travel-ready, and prepared for adventure! A sense of creativity to implement the family’s curriculum into the day to day and to turn downtime into enriching moments will be essential. Flexibility, adaptability, and a go-with-the-flow mentality will all come in handy. The family hopes to find a candidate who has experience working with elementary-aged children and is familiar with their developmental and educational needs. Experience in education as a tutor or in a classroom setting is essential, and candidates with heavy travel experience will be prioritized.
This is a full-time, long-term temporary position. In addition to covering all travel costs, the family is offering a competitive rate and is open to discussing benefits. Hours during travel will generally fall on Mondays through Fridays with flexibility appreciated. The family hopes to have their tutor spend time with them in June and July in SoCal and Aspen, in order to bond with the children before embarking on their travels in August! Though the itinerary is still being finalized, the trip is expected to last 12 months.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have a background as a tutor or teacher. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Provide a safe and loving environment for the child to learn and grow
- Be a positive role model and mentor to children
- Be open to discovering educational opportunities as your days and weeks unfold
- Use curriculum and other materials pertaining to subject matter
- Set lesson goals and milestones
- Collaborate with parents, school and travel advisors to evaluate student needs as related to the travel itinerary
- Prepare for lessons by gathering associated materials or setting up appropriate equipment
- Create lessons and creative activities to enhance education and development through on-location and cultural experiences
- Provide timely, specific, and actionable feedback
- Pay close attention to problems and subjects student(s) may struggle with and adjust plans accordingly
- Document progress to discuss with parents and educators
- A valid passport
- A genuine love of learning and desire to make a lasting impact on a child’s life
- Early childhood education, classroom, and/or tutoring experience required
- Heavy travel experience
- High school degree or equivalent
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Physical ability to travel and participate in activities
- Step in/step out intuition
- Flexibility, adaptability, and strong multi-tasking skills
- A positive, engaging, outgoing, adventurous spirit!