A well-traveled, dynamic family that splits their time between Fairfield, CT and Oslo, Norway is seeking two calm, engaging, and travel-ready nannies to join the team in caring for their 2.5-year-old and 4-month-old daughters!
This on-the-go family has enjoyed a year of being at home with family, and is looking forward to picking back up their travel-heavy schedule that allows them to split time between their homes in Connecticut and Oslo, as well as frequently taking week-long trips to their property in Northern California! They are hardworking and family-oriented while having a welcoming, relaxed environment in their home. Their 2.5-year-old is a happy toddler who enjoys exploring the world around her and loves animals, especially the family’s golden retriever! Their 4-month-old daughter is loving snuggles with mom and learning to see and explore her environment. They are excited to add two even-keeled, go-with-the-flow nannies to their team of three who are ready to jump in with both feet, are confident travelers, and can bring a tranquil atmosphere to their fast-paced lives.
This position is ideal for a candidate with an adventurous spirit and a passion for travel! The family is eager to work with a caregiving team who brings this travel experience and worldly appreciation to the role. A go-with-the-flow mindset to roll with the day-to-day routine where plans may fluctuate and travel is (hopefully soon and safely!) always around the corner. When it comes to their daughters, the family hopes for candidates who are safety-conscious and place an emphasis on being present in mind and body at all times. Assisting with child-related household duties will be greatly appreciated, as well as preparing healthy age-appropriate meals for the children. The candidates can expect to work in tandem with a co-nanny to provide well-rounded care for both children, and so they may provide undivided attention to one child at a time. A candidate who is adaptable, even-keeled, a great communicator, and ready for adventure will thrive in this home and team for years to come!
- Hours/Schedule: 40-50 hours/week with working hours typically falling between 8am-6pm. The candidate will have two consecutive days off/week. Flexibility for additional hours and overnight care when traveling will be asked and appreciated!
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in. At the family’s home in Connecticut, this includes a separate guest house for the nanny team where all nannies have a private bed and bath, use of shared kitchen and living spaces, and each nanny will have access to their own vehicle. Accommodations at all locations will include a private bedroom and bathroom. A candidate who is local to Fairfield, CT and prefers to live-out while there would also be welcome.
- Compensation and Benefits: $45/hour as well as a generous benefits package including a travel bonus, full health insurance, relocation assistance, and two weeks of paid time off.
- Start Date: As soon as they find the right person!
- Other Notes: Driving is required for this position and the nanny will have access to a vehicle for professional and personal use.
- Create a warm, loving, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Bring a tranquil, even-keeled attitude to the daily routine
- Supervise children’s activities at all times – engage with and be present physically and mentally
- Prepare healthy, age-appropriate meals for baby and toddler
- Various child-related household duties and errands
- Travel frequently with the family both internationally and domestically
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Experience with infants and toddlers
- Experience traveling with families
- Safety-conscious and able to be present in body and mind at all times
- Collaborative with good communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to schedule changes
- Ability to travel frequently with the family and for extended periods of time
- Calm and even-keeled in hectic environments
- Strong preference for a candidate with a Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Dog friendly!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have experience with the toddler and infant stages. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!