An adventurous, creative family of four is seeking a travel-ready, proactive, and caring private educator to join them in enriching their sons’ education and supporting their loving family.
Based in beautiful Bozeman, Montana, this family of four loves the outdoors and travels frequently throughout the year. Both of their children have been homeschooled in the past, and their 10-year-old is eager to return to a homeschooling environment. Finding the traditional classroom to be a little too inside-the-box, their son thrives in a creative learning environment where his studies can be motivated by his interests and the world around him. The youngest son, who is 7-year-old, may return to homeschooling as well, and the family is looking forward to hiring a private educator who is capable of developing curriculum and tailoring educational experiences for both boys. The family’s ideal candidate is an experienced teacher and traveler who is also resourceful, easy-going, outdoorsy, and possesses a high level of emotional intelligence. The ability to ski is a big plus too!
The perfect candidate for this position will be positive, creative, organized, and ready for adventure. Though providing a creative and wholesome education for the boys will be at the center of this role, a candidate who is eager to assist with nannying duties and become an extension of the family will feel at home. The family hopes to find a candidate who will enjoy being a positive role model for their two active boys, as well as a support for the family as a whole. An enthusiastic, adventurous spirit and excitement to travel frequently throughout the year and use the world as a classroom will also come in handy! When at home, making sure the boys remain active in their community and helping them develop their social skills will be appreciated. A can-do attitude, along with a degree in elementary education, and classroom teaching experience are essential.
This is a full-time, live-in/live-out position with hours generally falling on Mondays through Fridays from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Flexibility to travel for extended periods of time will be expected and appreciated and driving will be required of this role. Separate live-in accommodations on the property are available for both temporary and long-term use if desired. The family is offering $30-$35/hour and is open to discussing benefits including paid time off and sick days. A nanny vehicle will be provided while on duty. They are hopeful to find the perfect candidate as soon as possible, but also happy to provide a flexible start date in June/July for the right person!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have a background in elementary education. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Research, develop and implement a creative and fun curriculum for one or both children
- Develop a structured and supportive environment while creating a genuine bond and inspiring the children
- Be open to discovering educational opportunities as your days and weeks unfold
- Motivate children in extracurricular activities and to pitch-in around the home
- Present learning objectives and regular reports to the parents in a detailed and organized manner
- Travel internationally and domestically with the family
- Care for, engage, and be a relatable role model for children
- Provide responsible and reliable transportation to various activities
- Plan activities and support a varying daily schedule. Become an asset to the family when traveling or spending time with family and friends
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A valid passport
- Elementary education degree and teaching experience
- A genuine love of learning and desire to make a lasting impact on a child’s life
- Flexibility to travel for extended periods of time
- Willingness to jump in and support day-to-day activities to support the family as a whole
- Values an active, healthy lifestyle and is ready to adventure with the family