A heart-filled, worldly family based in Atherton and Santa Cruz, CA is seeking a flexible, open-minded, and adventurous private educator who is fluent in Spanish or German for their two school-aged children!
This trilingual family is passionate about languages and speaks English, Spanish, and German in their home; they are excited to continue immersing their 7 and 5-year-old in the languages through homeschooling! They currently attend a German immersion school that utilizes international baccalaureate curriculum and will be entering 2nd grade and kindergarten this fall. The family lives an active, outdoorsy lifestyle and love to bike, surf, ski, and travel whenever possible. They look forward to spending the summer in Europe and winter in Costa Rica, amongst other adventures! They are seeking a private educator who can foster an environment of learning and fun in their children’s education that is compatible with their flexible, adventurous lifestyle. They are committed to the safest health practices as the pandemic unfolds, and above all, wish to protect their nanny’s health and wellbeing. They desire to find a candidate who is like minded in their safety precautions during their off-duty hours, and open to having regular communication around these procedures as the country begins to reopen.
This position is ideal for a candidate who is flexible and open-minded, enjoys adjusting to new environments, and has a love for the outdoors! While the family has been mostly exposed to IB and Montessori curricula, they are not tied to any one education style and are very open to working with their future educator on a curriculum and teaching style that works best for their children and their travels. A candidate who is passionate about meeting children at their level and utilizing project-based learning and the world as their classroom will thrive in this position. Fluency in Spanish (or German) as well as English to teach mostly in Spanish (or German) and at least one class in English will be essential.
This is a full-time position of 40-50 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Mondays through Fridays. The family is very flexible and happy to discuss a schedule based on their educator’s lesson plans and preference. Accommodations will be provided year-round wherever the family is located and will include a separate, private apartment close to the family’s residence. The family is offering $35-$40+/hour in addition to a health, dental, and vision insurance package, 401k contributions, PTO, and sick days. Driving will be required for this role and a vehicle will be provided for use both while on and off duty. The position will begin in early September!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and are fluent in Spanish or German. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Research, select, and implement a creative and fun curriculum rooted in project-based learning
- Collaborate with parents to meet and exceed developmental milestones, educational goals, and plan for future development
- Discover educational opportunities in the area to take the classroom outside or other places of interest
- Join the family on some of their international and domestic travel, creating lesson plans that accommodate their travel itinerary
- Build positive and caring relationships with the children and provide light childcare such as playing with the children and finding fun-filled enriching activities outside of “class” hours
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time and confident tailoring curriculum to the family’s travel itinerary
- Fluency in English and Spanish (preferred) OR German
- Associate’s degree or higher in education preferred
- Experience with IB or Montessori curriculum a plus
- Positive, kind, confident, and proactive personality
- Flexible and open-minded
- Passion for the outdoors and outdoor activities is a big plus!