A professional, friendly family in Minneapolis is seeking a calm, proactive, and team-oriented nanny to care for their 2-year-old daughter. This family is excited to find a nanny who is eager to contribute their expertise and passion for childcare into their active and dynamic life.
These bustling, professional parents run their own business together with varying schedules throughout the week. They are thrilled to welcome a nanny who is energized by an on-the-go lifestyle and will be focused on their toddler’s happiness, education, and overall growth. Someone who derives great joy from being an extra set of helping hands and contributes a calming presence will thrive in this role. The family is prioritizing candidates with proven reliability, adaptability, and who are flexible to schedule changes. Their daughter is in a phase of boundless curiosity and is engaged, earnest, and has a wonderful sense of humor. She loves to play and be silly! Their daughter is very affectionate and already enjoying many activities with grown-ups that her parents include her in, such as dinner parties and museum visits. She enjoys arts and crafts, cooking, reading, exploring the outdoors, and imaginary play among other activities. She is currently enrolled in weekly classes including Waldorf Little Sprouts, music, and gymnastics. The family also has a beloved dog who is happy, sweet, and loves to sunbathe.
The ideal candidate for this family will be someone who has both a professional, positive demeanor and a go-with-the-flow, pitch-in attitude. This family greatly values someone with newborn and toddler experience and is excited to collaborate with the family’s other full-time and part-time nannies. Childcare responsibilities and general household tidying tasks will be shared amongst the nanny team and will include but are not limited to meal prep, laundry, vacuuming, calendar organizing, and researching developmental opportunities both locally and while traveling. This family values quality time, education, and broadening their worldview through travel and culture. They do not own a television nor engage in any screen time with their daughter. The family considers themselves liberal and wants to ensure their future nanny is comfortable in their home environment.
During normal circumstances, the family enjoys frequent short-term and extended travel, both domestically and internationally. They typically travel for business and pleasure up to 6 months annually, with trips ranging from 1 week to 6 weeks+ in length. Due to the pandemic, their travel plans have paused and they are making significant efforts to ensure the safety of their family and nanny team when travel resumes. A passion for travel and exploration is key in this position, and the family provides private accommodations for their nanny team to ensure everyone has time to enjoy and experience the destination. As a live-in position it is also important to the family that the nanny is comfortable in their accommodations at home in Minnesota. The family is offering a 1500 sq ft apartment that is across the street from their home and is in the process of being renovated and fully furnished. The nanny will share this beautiful apartment with the family’s housekeeper and will have a private bedroom and sunroom.
This a full-time, live-in position guaranteeing 40-50 hours per week. The schedule is prepared 3 months in advance and the family appreciates flexibility and is open to discussing scheduling preferences. The family is offering $30-$40/hour, with an opportunity to make up to $120k annually with overtime and bonuses. Their generous benefits package includes full health, dental, and vision insurance, 20 days of PTO, 6 sick days, and a fully vested 401K with matching contribution percentage. Driving is required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty. The family is hoping to find the perfect fit as soon as possible.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who have a valid driver’s license, strong swimming skills, and are legally able to work in the US. The family is happy to consider both local and relocation candidates at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Research and engage in developmental opportunities both locally and while traveling such as playdates, museum visits, park outings, music & art classes, swimming, community events, etc.
- Foster an educationally stimulating and emotionally nurturing environment throughout the day-to-day that support the child’s overall growth and happiness
- Prepare healthy, balanced meals and promote positive learning methods and emotional intelligence
- Maintain flexibility for the family’s dynamic schedule
- Pitch-in with childcare related and household duties and tidying maintaining a team-oriented attitude with the nanny team
- Communicate consistently with the family and nanny team using various online platforms and apps and assist with online research projects
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport (or willing to get one) and travel experience
- Self-starting, collaborative, and adaptable personality
- Proficient technology skills and familiarity with Apple products and Google apps (Gmail, calendars, hangouts, drive, etc.)
- A passion for early childhood development and an educational background
- Positive demeanor, health-conscious, and active
- Step-in and step-out intuition
- Strong swimming skills
- Newborn care experience and fluency in a second language (Mandarin preferred) are huge pluses!