A professional and heart-filled family in Washington, DC is seeking a gentle, proactive, collaborative, and fun-loving nanny to join them in caring for and raising their newborn baby girl.
These dual-career parents have struck a lovely balance between professional and laid back in their lifestyles. Working from home, they enjoy the flexibility in their work-life balance to begin their journey in fostering a loving, nurturing environment for their baby girl. They enjoy spending time expanding their knowledge, experiencing art and other cultures, traveling, and staying active. They are looking forward to providing their daughter with the tools to truly excel while giving her the autonomy to lead the way in her development. These first-time parents are excited to find a nanny with extensive newborn experience who is excited to join them for the long haul through the growth of their daughter and future children.
The ideal candidate for this position will be devoted, reliable, and organized as well as playful, creative, and passionate. A candidate who can mirror the parents’ laid back yet professional lifestyle will fit in seamlessly. Newborn experience is essential, and helping these first-time parents introduce structure and routine for their baby while still giving them the space to immerse themselves in their parenting will be at the heart of this role.
Having skills, passions, interests, or even knowledge of other languages (particularly Hindi) to bring to the table will be a huge plus in fostering a dynamic, nurturing environment for their baby. Having a pitch-in attitude and contributing to the overall tidiness of the home as well as preparing meals for baby will be expected and appreciated. A candidate who is ready to devote themselves to this family’s growing daughter for years to come will find a home in this role.
This is a full-time, live-out position with hours generally falling on Mondays through Thursdays from 7 am to 6 pm. Flexibility to occasionally travel with the family will be appreciated. The family is offering $25 to $30/hour and additional benefits are available. They look forward to finding the perfect candidate as soon as possible!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and passport, and have experience with newborns. This family is prioritizing local candidates with an Associate’s degree or higher at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the baby
- Assist with establishing structure and routine for the baby including feeding, play, and sleep schedules
- Work collaboratively with first-time parents and have a step-in and step-out intuition
- Engage baby in creative, age-appropriate, educational activities
- Change diapers and facilitate maintenance of supplies
- Grocery shop and prepare meals for the baby
- Pitch in to the overall tidiness of the house including laundry, dishes, and organizing the baby’s areas
- Travel occasionally with the family
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A reliable vehicle
- A valid passport
- An Associate’s degree or higher preferred
- Candidates local to the DC area will be prioritized at this time
- Extensive experience with newborns and developmental milestones
- A genuine devotion to commit long-term to the family and their growing baby
- A professional mindset with a go-with-the-flow mentality
- Flexibilty to travel occasionally with the family