An active, friendly family of four in Portland, OR is seeking a caring, knowledgeable, and fun-loving nanny to care for their 3.5-year-old and 2-year-old children!
This family is excitedly moving to Portland from the UK and looks forward to settling in and exploring the city with their 2 toddlers and 2 golden retrievers. Both parents often work from home and enjoy prioritizing time with their children. The children will be attending school for several hours Mondays through Thursdays depending on COVID-19. The family looks forward to finding a collaborative, patient nanny to join their team in raising kind, intelligent, and respectful children.
This position is ideal for a candidate who has extensive experience with this age range and a true passion for toddlerhood and developmental milestones! A bit of patience and a creative approach to implementing developmentally-minded and fun activities will be valued. A candidate with a team spirit and a step in and step out intuition will be appreciated when working alongside these loving, hands-on parents. A candidate who enjoys wearing multiple hats and providing personal assisting tasks while the children are in school will thrive in this role. The family loves to travel when safe to do so and look forward to bringing their nanny along on their adventures!
This is a full-time, live-in or live-out position with 50 hours guaranteed weekly, falling on Mondays through Fridays between 6am – 8pm (schedule will be agreed upon in advance). Live-in accommodations include a private bedroom and bath with a separate kitchen area. Flexibility to travel with the family will be valued! The family is offering $25-$30/hour and are happy to discuss additional benefits such as relocation assistance, healthcare assistance, and PTO. The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have direct, professional experience working with this age range. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Provide enriching learning and developmental experiences and activities beyond basic care
- Prepare healthy meals for the children
- Pitch in with various assisting tasks throughout the home while children are in school
- Collaborate with parents to ensure continuity of care
- Travel with the family throughout the year
- Bring a creative, fun-filled, and patient attitude to the children’s daily routine
- Light pet care
- 3+ years of professional, full-time childcare experience working with children in this age range
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Experience and comfort working with stay/work at home parents
- Step in and step out intuition and a collaborative spirit
- Knowledge of developmental milestones
- Ability to travel with the family throughout the year
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Travel experience and experience working in a staffed home will be a plus
- Fun-loving, dedicated, and a true passion for working with toddlers!
- Dog friendly!