An on-the-go, friendly Philadelphia-based family is seeking a playful and collaborative nanny to care for their newborn expected early September 2020!
This tight-knit family unit has been peacefully sheltering in their Philadelphia home with their mini Goldendoodle, excitedly preparing for their first child! The soon-to-be parents are both busy professionals, with dad traveling often for work while mom frequently takes day trips to New York City for both work and pleasure. The parents look forward to cultivating a communal atmosphere in their home where they can tag-team and gratefully lean into a candidate’s newborn expertise and ability to jump right into their role. The parents are excited to collaborate with a proactive nanny who thrives with travel prep, trips to the city, bathing & changing, and any other flexibility that arises. The family is looking forward to resuming their normal travel when safe, occasionally with their nanny and typically travel 4-12 weeks per year. The nanny will be expected to occasionally feed or let their dog out, so candidates should be comfortable working in an environment with pets.
The ideal candidate for this role will have confidence and adaptability during these unique times. A candidate who thrives with a dynamic schedule, evolving responsibilities, and has a genuine enthusiasm for infant care will pair wonderfully with this family. Organization, creativity, and a calm presence will be greatly appreciated as the family navigates parenthood for the first time. This multi-lingual family would love to work with a candidate who is fluent or knowledgeable in French and/or Portuguese. The position’s day-to-day responsibilities will start off as a supportive pillar, handling grocery runs, meal prep, schedule organization, and more, as the NCS supports the baby’s sleeping and feeding routines for the first few months. Having adaptability to evolve with the role as the baby grows and the parents settle into their stride will be key.
This is a full-time, live-out offering 50+ hours/week with the general schedule falling Mondays through Fridays, 8:30am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 5:30pm. Flexibility to have the schedule include a six-day week at the start of the role will be appreciated. The family is offering $35-$40 hourly and is open to discussing benefits. Driving is required, and a vehicle will be provided while on duty. The position starts in the first week of September, but the family would be happy to welcome their nanny sooner!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Childcare duties including but not limited to: feeding, bathing, dressing, napping and morning and evening routines
- Family assisting such as schedule organization, general tidying up, errand-running etc.
- Create a calm, loving, and safe environment for the baby to grow and thrive
- Assist family in prepping for travel and day-trips for work and pleasure
- Provide overnight, weekend, or primary care as needed
- Bring a tranquil, even-keeled, collaborative attitude while teaming up with the parents
- Pitching in with feeding and letting the dog outside on occasion
- Valid driver’s license, passport
- Experience traveling with families
- Newborn and infant experience
- Fluency in English required, fluency or knowledge in French or Portuguese preferred
- Confident, calm, and tidy personality
- Willingness and ability to drive