A heart-filled family of four based on the Upper West Side is seeking a collaborative and gentle educator for their 2-year-old and 8-month-old children!
This NYC family of four is excited to find an educationally-minded candidate, ideally with a Montessori background for their children. Their 2-year-old is charming and cheerful and loves to recite his alphabet and even the names of the planets while their 8-month-old is a bundle of smiles and laughter and loves to feed herself whole foods (under an adult’s watchful eye)! Raising their children to speak Hebrew is very important to them. Both parents work from home, and while their 2-year-old normally attends a Montessori school he will not be attending this Fall semester. The candidate will be partnering with another full-time nanny who they have a very positive, long-standing relationship with to provide educationally-focused and collaborative care!
This position is ideal for a candidate who is educationally-minded at heart, dedicated to creating a stimulating environment for children and guiding them through their development. A background in Montessori is highly preferred, though the family would be happy to support an interested candidate in furthering their knowledge in Montessori. As raising their children to speak Hebrew is important to the family, fluency in the language and confidence teaching it to young learners is a big plus, though they’d be happy to work with a Montessori-experienced candidate who would be eager to learn more about the language! Likewise, should a candidate be fully fluent and confident in Hebrew, the family would be happy to further the candidate’s knowledge on Montessori education. While the majority of the position will focus on their 2-year-old, flexibility and a desire to provide loving care for his younger sibling will be important as well. Pitching in with household tasks, such as tidying, occasional errands, and inventory management will be appreciated, along with prepping meals for the children; the family keeps a kosher kitchen but knowledge of kosher cooking is not required or important. A candidate who is team-oriented and excited to partner with the family and their co-nanny will thrive in this role for years to come. This family is taking all necessary precautions to reduce risk of COVID-19 exposure and is excited to find a candidate who is happy to exercise the same level of caution in their professional and personal lives.
This is a full-time, live-out position of 40-50 hours per week with the general schedule falling Monday-Friday from 8am-4pm. The family is happy to discuss a live-in option while on duty if desired by the candidate. They are offering $35-$45+/hr DOE in addition to assistance with healthcare, matching 401k contributions, PTO, and assistance with transportation if required. Driving ability is preferred but not required. The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and live within a commutable distance to the Upper West Side. The family is happy to consider relocation candidates of this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Provide enriching experiences and activities beyond basic care with an emphasis on reaching developmental milestones
- Provide educational opportunities utilizing the Montessori approach throughout the day
- Collaborate with the parents and co-nanny to provide consistency of care
- Pitch in with various household tasks including tidying, errands, and inventory management
- Prepare healthy meals for the children (and for the family if interested!)
- 3+ years of professional, full-time childcare and/or teaching experience
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- Proven experience with toddlers and infants
- Fluency in Hebrew, both verbal and written, and ability to teach the language to young learners is a big plus
- Educationally-minded essential; background in education a big plus
- Knowledge and experience in the Montessori, or an interest in being trained on the approach
- Collaborative and team-oriented; works well with parents and co-nannies