A kind and engaging family in Los Altos, CA is seeking a warm, collaborative, playful, and knowledgeable nanny to join their family team in caring for their 4-year-old boy, 2.5-year-old girl, and 3-month-old girl!
This family loves working together as a team, and it shows in their home! Both parents have worked hard to provide a spirit of open-ended exploration for their children where they can pursue their interests while engaging and developing their minds. Their children may be a bit quiet and shy at first, but they are known to quickly fill a room with laughter and spread smiles to anyone around them. They are inquisitive, observant, and love to learn how things work. This family has put together a tight-knit, intimate team including one other nanny, an on-site personal assistant, and a housekeeper who all work together to enrich the lives of their children, family, and staff as a whole.
The ideal candidate for this position will love working together as a team and have a creative, engaging, and firm yet gentle approach with children. A background working with infants and toddlers is essential, and providing age-appropriate, enriching activities where the children can explore their interests and experience new things will be key. A candidate with experience or a willingness to learn and partake in positive caregiving strategies and developing the children’s socioemotional skills will fit in seamlessly with this caregiving team. Patience, good communication skills, and an excitement to work alongside the parents and their other nanny will all come in handy; teamwork is highly valued in this home! A pitch in attitude, assistance with meal prep, and tidying up after fun-filled adventures with the children will also be appreciated. This family is excited to find a candidate who can bring their interests, skills, and passions to the table and who would be excited to share them with the whole family!
This is a full-time, live-out position with 45 guaranteed hours per week. The schedule will be Mondays through Fridays, with hours generally falling on 8 am to 5 pm for 3 days of the week, and 10:30 am to 7:30 pm on 2 days of the week, depending on the parents’ schedule. The family is offering $35-$40/hour as well as assistance with health care, paid time off, sick days, and a nanny vehicle while on duty. They hope to find the perfect candidate as soon as possible!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have experience working with infants and toddlers. This family is prioritizing local candidates at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Care for, engage, and be a relatable role model for children
- Collaborate and tag team caretaking with other nanny and parents
- Work together with family team to enrich and foster the children’s socioemotional development
- Assist with child-related housekeeping including tidying up the children’s areas
- Pitch in to household tasks when needed such as very light meal prep, occasionally feeding dogs, and assisting with laundry
- Travel occasionally with the family
- A valid driver’s license and passport
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree or higher will be prioritized
- Experience with infants and toddlers
- Experience traveling with families preferred
- Experience or willingness to learn positive caregiving strategies
- Comfortable working and collaborating as a team
- An excitement to bring personal interests, skills, and knowledge to the table!