A dynamic Palo Alto family is seeking an experienced, collaborative NCS to join their growing newborn care team as soon as possible!
The family is happy to be home with their newborn, who is recovering from a successful open-heart surgery. The family is hopeful for a candidate who is extremely knowledgeable, supportive, and hygiene/safety-conscious. Primary responsibilities will include ensuring the doctor’s instructions are being carried through, assisting with the newborn’s sleep and feeding schedules, cleaning/sterilizing bottles, keeping the nursery area clean, and laundering the baby’s clothing. Working as a team with the two existing newborn care specialists (who are wonderful!) to ensure care consistency and management of child-related duties will be essential. The family is happy to provide private and quiet off-site accommodations while off duty to ensure rest and rejuvenation.
The general schedule will include daytime shifts, and the family and newborn care team will work together to develop a routine schedule that ensures seamless coverage, as well as days off for the team. The family is offering $40-$50 per hour and hopeful for a 4 to 5-month contract.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license, and are a certified NCS. This family is happy to consider temporary relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Provide constant and reliable care and monitoring for both mom and baby
- Be actively mindful of hygiene and safety and medical needs when working with baby
- Monitor resting hours for both mom and baby and assist in structuring a feeding and sleep routine
- Ensure that doctor’s instructions are being followed through
- Collaborate with parents, newborn care specialists, medical professionals and/or other household staff to ensure continuity of care
- Create a nurturing and safe environment for newborn to thrive
- Provide support to the parents in an approachable and open way
- Pitch in with the overall tidiness of the family environment and children’s areas
- At least 3 years of experience as a certified newborn care specialist
- Extremely safety and hygiene-conscious
- Professional and working knowledge of every aspect of newborn care
- Experience creating structure and routine in a warm and loving way
- Possess experience exhibiting discretion and loyalty while working with executive families
- Exhibit good judgment, especially concerning infant’s safety and health
- A positive, can-do, team-player attitude
- A valid driver’s license