A kind and bustling family in the Upper East Side is seeking an enthusiastic nanny with a deep love for working with children! They are hopeful for a candidate who can care for their 3 inquisitive and creative children, aged 6, 10, and 14 years old.
This NYC family has enjoyed watching their children become bright, intellectual, curious, and creative individuals! The three of them have busy schedules and enjoy partaking in various activities, from soccer to theatre. The family as a whole deeply values teamwork and communication and are seeking a nanny with a collaborative, organized mindset who can fit in seamlessly with the all-hands-on-deck spirit of their home. Their dedicated, full-time mom is eager to foster a partnership with their caregiver in order to divide and conquer and work together to set their children up for success.
A sense of fun and playfulness will be essential in this role! The family would love to find a candidate with a creative background, an athletic spirit, or other skills that they can utilize to inspire and engage their children. A flexible, can-do attitude with willingness to pitch in around the home, such as organizing closets and running various errands, will be deeply valued as well. While most attention will be focused on their 6-year-old, experience with multiples and an excitement to engage all three kids in fun-filled, active activities will be key. The family spends July and August in the Hamptons and would love for their nanny to join them on weekdays! A love for cooking will come in handy as well; assembling pre-prepared meals throughout the year will be appreciated, as well as cooking healthy, farm-to-table, organic meals while in the Hamptons. Picking up the children from school and driving them to their various activities will also be required.
This is a live-out position, with the family offering 40 guaranteed hours per week. The general schedule will be Mondays through Thursdays from 1:30 pm to 7 or 8pm, and Fridays from 11 am to 7 or 8pm. Flexibility to work additional hours, with advance notice, will be needed at times. This position will be live-in for July and August in the Hamptons from Monday mornings to Friday afternoons. The family is offering $25 to $27/hr and is open to discussing benefits. A nanny vehicle will be provided while on duty. They hope to find the perfect candidate by the end of April!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and live within a commutable distance of Manhattan. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Care for, engage, and be a relatable role model for children
- Transport children to and from school and activities
- Manage schedules and take children to their various extracurricular activities
- Pitch-in with the overall tidiness of the home, including light laundry, organizing of children’s closets, etc.
- Run occasional errands and other various household tasks as assigned by parents
- Assemble pre-prepared meals during the school year
- Cook healthy, organic, farm-to-table meals during the summers in the Hamptons
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- An Associate’s degree or higher preferred
- Experience with multiples
- Experience in fully-staffed homes preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- A can-do, pitch-in attitude
- Even-keeled and comfortable multi-tasking
- An athletic and/or creative spirit!
- Strong swimming skills and comfortable with children in/around water