A friendly, collaborative family based in San Francisco, CA is seeking a kind-hearted, developmentally-minded, and passionate nanny to join their growing family!
These dual career parents and their 3.5-year-old daughter (as well as their sweet, friendly poodle mix!) are excited to welcome their newborn to the family this November! They describe their daughter as engaging and fun, easy to get along with, who is equally excited to meet her baby brother. She currently attends preschool full-time on weekdays, and loves to get outside for exploring and activities in the park, or spend the afternoon with arts and crafts or imaginative play. Both parents currently split their time working in and out of the home and love to travel when they can, especially to upstate NY during the summers! The family and newborn will have the support of an overnight newborn care nanny assisting with his sleep routine for several months. The whole family is eager to welcome a nanny to their home when he’s born to support both children (primarily their newborn) and set them up to grow and thrive!
This position is ideal for a candidate who exudes an energetic, engaging spirit when it comes to working with infants and toddlers, who is always ready to explore the world around them with their charges! The family would love to work with a candidate who is a curious and active learner, who’d be excited to continue researching and implementing best practices when it comes to their son’s development and building their caregiving toolkit; a background in early childhood education or similar would be a big plus! The family deeply values kindness, trust, and communication in their home and hope for a nanny who values and exhibits these attributes. This is a very childcare focused position, with an it-takes-a-village mentality in the home; willingness to jump in with child-related tidying, children’s laundry, and meal prep will be appreciated!
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40-50 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday from 8am to 6pm. Flexibility for evenings, weekends, and occasional travel will be asked and appreciated.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. Temporary housing and/or a housing stipend will be provided for the perfect relocation candidate.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $40+/hour in addition to benefits including a healthcare stipend, relocation assistance, museum memberships, and PTO.
- Start Date: The position will begin in November 2021, with flexibility for an earlier start date for the perfect candidate.
- Other Notes: Driving is required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty.
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Support and implement a structured day for the children
- Transport the children to and from school and activities as needed
- Be an active and engaging caregiver, proactively head to the park or research and implement activities
- Bring an educational bend to each day
- Collaborate with parents to ensure continuity of care
- Travel with the family occasionally throughout the year as needed
- Pitch-in with childcare-related household support such as tidying, children’s meal prep, and laundry
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Proven experience caring for newborns, infants, and toddlers with a strong foundation of developmental milestones, particularly in the first year of development
- Collaborative, kind, and trustworthy
- Interest and commitment to continuing professional development
- Background in early childhood education is a big plus!
- Dog friendly!
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have proven experience caring for newborns and infants. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!