A dynamic, on-the-go, and adventurous family in Mill Valley, CA is seeking a flexible, fun-loving jack or jill-of-all-trades to care for their two young children and support their home!
This family has a bustling lifestyle that is ever-changing, dynamic, and fun; they are always creatively full of ideas and ready for the next project! They are active and caring and are passionately involved in their community, from liberal politics to mental health awareness. Along with their kids, they love going on adventures, traveling, and spending time outdoors. Their 5-year-old is an independent thinker and loves to understand how things work, from tech to Legos! Their 3-year-old is active, affectionate, loves to explore, and loves cars! Both children attend preschool part-time as well as occupational therapy. With quite a few moving pieces in their home, this family is excited to find a hybrid nanny and family assistant to provide an enriching safe space for their children to thrive, as well as to support their home as a whole. This family is incredibly supportive of their household team and are excited to work with their candidate in making this a sustainable and enjoyable position for years to come.
As this family has created a collaborative, hardworking, and supportive environment in their home, the ideal candidate for this position will be an experienced team player with a can-do spirit! They hope for a candidate who is kind, flexible, and patient to work with their children on their individual levels. Open communication is very important to this family, so providing daily reports, sharing photos of your adventures with the children, and collaborating with all parties will be essential. A candidate who feels confident multi-tasking and managing various moving pieces will thrive in this role. While childcare comes first and foremost and the family’s PA manages many household tasks, supporting the family and home will be key as well, especially while the children are in school. This may include assisting with family laundry and dry cleaning, managing weekly cleaners, grocery shopping, monitoring household goods and inventories, managing the children’s schedules, helping the family prep for guests, assisting with travel plans, and providing pet care for their dog.
This is a full-time, live-out position guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the schedule generally falling Monday-Friday from 11am to 6pm (with the exception of Thursday). On Thursdays the schedule will fall between 8:30am – 6pm. The family is offering $35+/hour and additional benefits include paid time off, as well as a healthcare stipend and assistance with relocation if needed. Driving will be required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty. The start date for this position is as soon as they find the right match!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is prioritizing local candidates at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a warm, loving, and safe environment for the child to grow and thrive
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures with an emphasis on reaching developmental milestones
- Manage children’s schedules, transport them to and from school, activities, and appointments
- Prepare meals for the children (or whole family if you love to cook!)
- Support a varying daily schedule. Become an asset to the family when traveling or spending time with family and friends
- Collaborate with parents, teachers, doctors, and staff and work together to help children thrive
- Provide daily reports to parents on the children’s day and progress
- Various family assisting tasks including but not limited to: family laundry, monitoring household inventory, pet care, managing cleaners and car maintenance, grocery shopping, etc.
- Provide assistance with travel preparations; travel occasionally with family or manage household while family is away
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport
- Patient and flexible
- Supportive, collaborative team mentality
- Confident and patient working with toddlers
- Strong ability to multitask and stay organized
- Experience with ADD/ADHD a plus
- Experience traveling with families a plus