A positive, easygoing family of four is seeking a bright, compassionate, and fun-loving nanny to care for their two sons, aged 5 years old and 3 months old. Based in Palo Alto, California, they are hoping to find the perfect nanny to join their family as soon as possible!
These busy professional parents have created a home that is laid back, warm, fun, and stimulating for their children. Their older son is energetic, curious, and bright; he loves to learn and go to the library to research! Their youngest is sweet and mellow and is beginning his exciting journey through his developmental milestones. Together, the family enjoys reading, baking, exploring, and implementing nurturing and developmentally-minded activities. They are excited to find a nanny who can combine their professional skills with a sense of fun to be a part of their children’s growth.
The ideal candidate for this position will have an energetic spirit and a passion for learning and exploring so they can keep up with two growing boys. Working alongside their parents to support and heighten an environment that is both educational and playful will be at the heart of this role. While much of the morning and early afternoon will be devoted to caring for their 3-month-old, after picking up their eldest from school, the day could take them anywhere from the park to the library or various other activities.
Preparing simple, healthy meals for both children (their youngest is currently transitioning to solid foods) and completing light household duties that are related to the children, such as grocery shopping, tidying, and children’s laundry will be appreciated. Good communication skills, flexibility, and excitement to partner with two loving parents will be important in this home.
This family places a high value on education and will be prioritizing candidates who possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in education and/or childhood development.
This is a full-time live-out position with the schedule generally falling on Mondays through Fridays from 10 am to 6 pm. Flexibility to work with a schedule that varies slightly day to day, as well as to provide occasional evening or weekend coverage will be appreciated. The family is open to the possibility of their nanny occasionally traveling alongside with mom and their youngest. They are offering $25-30/hour as well as generous paid time off, sick days, and a Caltrain pass. They hope to find the perfect nanny to join their team as soon as possible!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. They will be prioritizing candidates with a Bachelor’s degree and familiarity/experience with childhood development at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Assisting with child-related transportation, schedule coordination, and accompanying to activities as needed
- Bring a fun, bright, energetic, and compassionate energy to the role
- Light child-related housekeeping like laundry, organizing kids’ meals, grocery shopping, and meal prep
- Work in partnership with parents on developmental updates and childcare planning
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures with an emphasis on reaching developmental milestones
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in early childhood education, childhood development, or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- Knowledgeable and proactive with developmental stages and proactive in teaching children
- Flexibility to travel with the family and a spirit of adventure at home or on the road!
- Comfortable with dogs in the home
- CPR certified
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license