A kind, dynamic family based in Philadelphia, PA is seeking a gentle, flexible, and confident overnight newborn care specialist to commit to a 6-month to 1-year contract for their newborn who is expected early September 2020!
These first-time parents are excited to embark on the journey of parenthood while partnering with a true baby expert. The mother will be at home for the first few months after the baby arrives, and may be traveling to NYC to work during the day and may ask the NCS and infant to join her while the baby is breastfeeding. The family typically travels often when it is safe to do so. They are a multilingual home, speaking English, French, and Portuguese, and enjoy spending time with their mini Goldendoodle. The parents are excited to work with an NCS who can guide them through sleep conditioning, feeding schedules, establishing daily routines, developmental milestones, and lactation consulting if needed. A nanny will be joining their home during daytime hours, so an NCS who can confidently teach and share the infant’s schedule with parents and the nanny to ensure the newborn plan is being followed through will be key for this role!
This is an overnight position consisting of 12-hour shifts, typically from 6:30pm to 6:30am. The schedule will be 7 days a week for the first 6 weeks, with Sundays off for the remainder of the contract (with the potential for weekends off dependent on the family’s need and NCS preference). The NCS will have a bed provided in the baby’s nursery. This position is live-out while off-duty, though there is potential to coordinate arrangements for the perfect candidate. The family is offering $25-$40/hour and up, and are seeking a 6-month contract at minimum.
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license, and have professional working experience as a newborn care specialist. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Provide constant and reliable care and monitoring for the baby
- Provide assistance with sleep conditioning and establishing feeding schedules and daily routines
- Provide guidance and knowledge around developmental milestones
- Provide lactation consulting if necessary
- Create a nurturing and safe environment for the newborn to thrive
- Provide support to the parents in an approachable and open way
- 3 years of professional working experience as a newborn care specialist
- Knowledge of every aspect of newborn care, including professional and working knowledge of feeding, bathing, and dressing infants
- Experience and knowledge surrounding sleep conditioning, establishing routines, and developmental milestones
- Certification as a newborn care specialist, preferably trained through Newborn Care Solutions or another CACHE-accredited program
- A true newborn expert!
- Fluency in English a must; a plus if fluent in Portuguese or French