A down to earth, loving, and hands-on family in the East Village is seeking a confident, self-sufficient, and proactive nanny to be a role model for their three children and pillar of support in their dynamic home!
This on the go family values an all-hands-on-deck, collaborative spirit in their home. Their two older children, aged 11 and 7 years old, are curious and active; they love imaginary play, going on adventures in the city, having playdates with their friends, and spending time with their baby sister! Their 10-month-old loves to play and partakes in music and gym classes. The family fosters a Montessori based play method and enjoys mindful living in their home. They deeply value healthy eating, non-toxic products, limiting screen time, and encouraging hands-on learning and play. They hope to find a candidate who would feel at home working in tandem with the parents and housekeeper throughout the day to help their children thrive and their home run smoothly.
The ideal candidate for this position will be proactive, intuitive, able to multi-task, and ready to hit the ground running in this bustling home! Mom looks forward to fostering an intuitive partnership with their nanny while tag teaming the day to day household tasks and caring for their baby. They hope for a candidate who can be both organized and efficient while pitching in around the home, yet calm and gentle while caring for baby.
The role will primarily focus on their 10-month-old as the older children are in school full-time and will be attending summer camps, though being a thoughtful role model for them and engaging them in fun-filled adventures will still be important! Various household tasks may include light tidying, running errands, grocery shopping, and light meal prep for the older kids, as well as preparing all meals for the baby using mom’s handy baby food cookbooks! The family values organic, low sugar, low dairy foods.
This is a full-time, live-out position of 40 to 50 hours per week. The general schedule will fall on Mondays through Fridays between 8 am and 6 pm, with flexibility for date night coverage, occasional weekend hours, and traveling with the family appreciated. The position will be live-in while traveling and when the family visits the Hamptons. The family is offering $35 to $40/hour and are happy to discuss benefits such as assistance with healthcare, PTO, and sick days. A vehicle will be provided while on duty in the Hamptons when needed. They hope to find the perfect candidate by July 2019 and would consider a later start date for the right fit!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is prioritizing local candidates at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Care for, engage, and be a relatable role model for children
- Plan, supervise, and maintain rest, bed and nap times
- Engage baby in creative, age-appropriate, developmental activities
- Bring a tranquil, even-keeled atmosphere to the daily routine of the children
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures with an emphasis on reaching developmental milestones
- Collaborate with parents in tag teaming household tasks and caring for baby
- Various household tasks including light tidying, running errands, grocery shopping, and light meal prep for older children
- Prepare healthy meals for baby using mom’s baby food cookbook and incorporating organic, low sugar, low dairy foods and ingredients
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid passport
- Comfortable navigating NYC with children
- Early childhood education experience preferred
- Experience with infants
- Knowledge and appreciation for healthy living and eating
- Able to multi-task, organized, and efficient
- Flexible and adaptable to work occasional evenings, weekends, and to travel with the family