A creative, busy and blended New York family is looking for a nanny to join their team in a full-time, live-out position.
The nanny will primarily be responsible for an active and creative 9-year-old girl. They will also support the mother in managing the home and pitching in to help care for her two sisters, ages 13 years, and 14-months-old.
The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of professional childcare experience, is compassionate and globally-minded, cultured and curious about the world, has strong communication skills, lives a healthy and active lifestyle, and has a proactive team-player attitude.
A spirit of creativity and adventure is appreciated in this family, who loves to laugh and listen to music in their home. This family is excited to find the perfect nanny to grow with their family for years to come, who is interested in encouraging the creativity, intelligence, and adventurous spirit of their bright and spunky middle child.
Japanese language skills and experience with special needs children are major bonuses to this family!
The average schedule will be Monday through Friday from 7am to 4pm or 11am to 8pm (based on the current custody schedule), with occasional date night, weekend and travel coverage requested.
The salary is highly competitive, and the family will provide paid time off and additional benefits.
* Childcare duties including but not limited to: feeding, bathing, dressing, napping and morning and evening routines for all 3 girls.
* Focusing on the middle-child and her specific needs and developmental milestones
* Collaborate with Mom and Dad and co-nanny, checking in on developmental milestones
* Assist with child related housekeeping duties and pitch in to the overall tidiness of the family environment
* Cook and prepare basic meals
* Run errands occasionally, as needed
* Provide enriching experiences and activities beyond basic care
* Create a warm and safe environment for the child to grow and thrive
* At least 2 consecutive years working for the same family, 4 years childcare experience
* Experience working in NYC as a nanny
* Knowledgeable about each childhood development state and attuned to the child’s developmental needs
* Possess experience exhibiting discretion and loyalty while working with high profile families
* A positive, team-player attitude
* Exhibits good judgment and common sense
* Ability to commit long-term to a nanny position and truly become part of the family