A warm and loving Brooklyn family of three is seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic, and creative nanny to care for their 2-year-old!
This caring family is so excited to be starting a new chapter back in Brooklyn! Their sweet and curious son has thrived in a part-time preschool program after spending much of the pandemic in smaller family circles outside the city. He is very curious about the world, loves getting to know people and animals, and sometimes seems older than he is with his joyful conversation and singing. Some of his current favorite activities include dancing and singing to music, creating arts and crafts projects, baking, and going on walks to play at the neighborhood parks. The family typically travels a few times a year, including trips to Europe, California, and Connecticut. They are looking forward to welcoming an upbeat, fun, and kind nanny to join their family as they navigate their son’s new routines in Brooklyn and as they look toward possibly growing their family in the years ahead!
This position is ideal for a candidate who enjoys all things early childhood, from enhancing his already advanced vocabulary to finding creative, developmentally-minded activities throughout the day! Their son is a very empathetic and perceptive child, always checking how those around him are feeling, so someone who connects well with cheerful and gentle souls would be an especially good fit. He is bright, sweet, and active, and the family would love to find a nanny who is proactive and passionate about creating an enriching, nurturing environment for him. While he is in school, responsibilities will focus on preparing healthy meals, pitching in with child-related household tasks, and tackling organizational and household projects as time allows. This may include grocery shopping, assisting with some house management, and organizing child-related spaces. The family hopes for a transparent communicator in their future nanny, who will enjoy traveling with them on occasion, and can align with their COVID-19 safety practices that have been on the cautious side of things.
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40-45 hours/week. Flexibility for 1 to 2 evenings per week along with travel coverage will be asked and appreciated and the family looks forward to designing a schedule that works well for all.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. A guest suite is provided for late nights and overnights when the candidate is full charge or the parents are away.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $30-35+/hour, or $1425-1660+/week inclusive of overtime based on a 45 hour/week schedule, in addition to benefits including assistance with healthcare, PTO, and sick days. This totals an annualized compensation package in the $75-90k/year range depending on experience.
- Start Date: The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
- Other Notes: The family would love to work with a candidate who is familiar with the BoCoCa area, and ideally lives nearby!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the child to grow and thrive
- Collaborate with parents to ensure continuity of care
- Be creative and proactive in planning and providing enriching, educationally-minded activities and adventures beyond basic care
- Pitch in with various child-related household tasks including tidying, children’s laundry, meal prep, and occasional errands
- Travel with the family on occasion
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Currently live within a commutable distance of Brooklyn
- Valid driver’s license and passport a plus
- Recent, applicable experience caring for infants through Pre-K children
- Creative mindset and proactive approach to planning activities and adventures
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Ability to travel with the family in the future as needed is preferred!
- Bachelor’s degree and/or a background in early childhood education is a plus!
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with applicable laws and willing to mirror the family’s COVID-19 safety protocols
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!