A professional and active family of two is seeking a creative, confident and go-with-the-flow chef to join them in their residences in Pennsylvania, Nantucket and Florida.
This travel-ready couple splits their time between their farm outside of Pennsylvania, Nantucket, and Florida throughout the year. They are community-oriented and love to entertain when at the farm with nearby extended family and friends. They are seeking a private chef to prepare simple, lovely meals and join them as they transition between homes throughout the year.
The ideal candidate for this position will be flexible and able to work with the family’s fluid schedule. The majority of the role will be centered around dinners, as well as preparing simple salads or sandwiches for lunch. The family prefers fresh and health-conscious meals (think April Bloomfield, Ottolenghi, spa/Californian cuisine) with an emphasis on lean proteins and vegetables. Responsibilities will include curating the menu, grocery shopping, preparing, serving, and cleaning up after meals. During both private and large dinners, the family’s dining style is considered laid-back and informal in a warm, welcoming environment. The principals are excited to provide their chef with creative autonomy over the menu once they become familiar with their preferences!
While the family is traveling privately outside of the residences, the chef will be given ample time off and is welcome to treat their apartment on the farm as their primary residence. The farm often holds community events and classes that the chef is welcome to participate in if they would like to.
This is a full-time position seeking a candidate with ultimate scheduling flexibility. The family can provide accommodations year-round, including a private 1-bedroom apartment in Pennsylvania, and a separate bedroom in Nantucket and Florida. The family’s main residence is in Florida where they spend approximately 5 months of the year. While in Florida they will only require their chef to join them for a portion of that time due to travel and events schedule and will provide advanced notice of their scheduling needs. They are offering $60-70k annually depending on experience and are open to discussing benefits for the perfect candidate. The position will begin as soon as the family finds the right fit!
This position is open to all candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Work with the principals to curate and prepare healthy, delicious meals using fresh ingredients (prioritizing vegetables and lean proteins)
- Check in with the principals each day to discern their needs for lunch and dinner
- Curate menus and manage the kitchen inventory
- Grocery shop, prepare, and serve meals
- Accommodate occasional dinner parties for up to 14 people with advanced notice
- Clean up after meals
- At least 3 years of equivalent professional experience, either in a restaurant environment or as a private chef
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Flexibility to work with the family’s shifting travel schedule and needs
- A positive, team-player mentality while communicating with the family’s staff, family and guests
- A creative and humble approach to preparing delicious, healthy meals