A dynamic and loving family in NYC is seeking a joyful, engaging, and organized private educator! With 5 children ranging from 1 to 7 years old, they are eager to find a candidate who can creatively inspire and stimulate their learning both at home and while traveling the world!
These busy, hardworking parents value their family above all else and are passionate about giving their children every opportunity to learn! They love exploring different environments and immersing themselves in diverse cultures through their extensive world travel to enhance their children’s growth and empathy. Their home, household staff, and nanny team exudes teamwork and supportiveness, and longevity is highly valued. As the children grow older, the family is excited to add a hybrid home educator and caregiver to their team who can maintain the loving, nurturing environment they’ve created while adding a layer of intention and structure geared toward enhancing their children’s learning and development. The children are very active and creative, with a love for nature, art, music, and more!
The ideal candidate for this position will have a joyful spirit above all else! At the heart of this role will be crafting and curating the children’s “kid experience” from an educational perspective. A candidate who is excited to come up with whimsical, fun, and stimulating ways to turn free time into a valuable learning experience will thrive. Partnering with the children’s school faculty and the family’s instructional support team to prepare and see through lesson plans and ensure the children have learning continuity (especially in the realm of math and literacy for the older children) will be a key element of this role. The family travels frequently throughout the year, ranging from 1 week to 2 months at a time, and hope their travel-ready educator will be eager to join them and continue implementing fun, educational activities! The children are learning to speak Hebrew, so a candidate fluent in Hebrew to reinforce their learning will be prioritized.
This is a full-time, live-out position with a schedule of at least 50 hours per week. The general schedule will fall on Mondays through Fridays from 7:30 am to 6:30 pm with the flexibility to travel both internationally and domestically. The family is offering a competitive compensation package. They hope to find the perfect candidate by mid-May 2019!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid passport, and have a background in early childhood education and/or experience as a classroom or private educator. This family is prioritizing local candidates at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Stimulate the children’s learning through after-school activities and during travel
- Craft and curate educationally-minded, fun-filled activities
- Partner with parents, school faculty, and an instructional support team to ensure
- Support the children’s math and literacy development
- See through the preparation and implementation of lesson plans
- Provide a balance of structure and whimsy for the children’s day to day routine
- Travel both domestically and internationally with the family throughout the year
- A valid passport
- Fluency in Hebrew preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Background in early childhood education and/or classroom or private teaching
- Travel experience
- Experience working in fully staffed homes preferred
- Experience working with multiple children
- Flexible and willing to travel extensively throughout the year
- A joyful, fun spirit!