An energetic, warm family of seven is looking for a go-with-the-flow, creative, and organized nanny/family assistant to join their Bay Area team!
This bustling and loving Los Altos family is looking for an easygoing and multi-talented candidate who can support their family in a variety of ways. The family has five children, and while their two oldest have fled the nest, the youngest three are currently attending elementary, middle, and high school both in-person and virtually. Their parents are temporarily working from home and plan to return to their offices in the future. This family has a dedicated, long-standing team and they are excited to add a full-time Jack or Jill-of-all-trades to be an integral part of helping their home thrive in a nanny/family assistant capacity.
This position is ideal for a candidate who is educationally-minded, loves high energy environments, and is well-versed in teamwork. Candidates who have experience with the elementary through high school age groups and working in a fully-staffed home will thrive in this role! Day-to-day activities include facilitating after school routines, engaging the children in outdoor activities, healthy meal prep, lending a helping hand in caring for the family’s pets, and a general openness to support in other family assisting tasks as needed. A candidate who is just as capable of making sure homework is completed as they are prepping the family for an upcoming event or trip will thrive in this role. They are hopeful to find a candidate who understands the importance of organization and can intuit what needs to get done in a home with many moving parts. The family loves to travel both domestically and internationally when safe to do so and they appreciate a candidate who is excited to explore the world alongside them. Spanish-speaking candidates are encouraged to apply as this is a bilingual household!
This is a full-time, live-out position with 40+ guaranteed hours per week. The general schedule will fall on Monday through Friday, from 11 am to 7 pm. Flexibility to work additional hours and travel with advanced notice is expected and appreciated. The family is offering $30-35+ per hour and are offering additional benefits such as healthcare or a healthcare stipend, PTO, sick days, and relocation assistance if needed. They are hopeful to have a candidate in place right after the new year!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license, and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Care for, engage with, and be a relatable role model for children
- Assist with calendar management for both children and household, ensuring all members of the family are up-to-date on upcoming events
- Collaborate with principals and other household staff to ensure the home runs smoothly
- Family assisting tasks including managing schedules, running errands, grocery shopping, occasional healthy meal prep, children’s laundry, packing school bags, general picking up around the house as it pertains to the children, ordering supplies for children, organizing spaces in the home
- Provide assistance while traveling with the family, including planning activities during transit, assisting with and overseeing children’s packing, booking travel and reservations, and being a flexible and fun person to bring along!
- Minimum of 3+ years of full-time, professional childcare experience
- Valid passport and driver’s license
- Flexibility and excitement to travel with the family when safe to do so
- Strong preference for a candidate with a Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Bright, driven, and confident interacting with the children and running a home
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and ownership in their role
- Preference for candidates with experience in fully staffed homes
- Pet friendly! This family has a dog and two cats.
- Spanish-speaking candidates preferred, but not required!