An active, welcoming, and creative family based in Los Angeles, CA is seeking a kind and compassionate nanny to care for their 3-year-old and 7-month-old children!
This family describes their home in the Los Feliz area of LA as the “hub” for their family and friends. With an active lifestyle both in work and leisure and a love for great food, they are passionate about their community and creating a warm, welcoming atmosphere in their home! Both parents have flexible work schedules, working from home on occasion as well as while traveling; the whole family travels frequently for both work and pleasure, and plans for a US tour are already in the works for this year. They also enjoy escaping to their home in Big Bear as often as they can, typically 2 times per month, especially during ski season. Their 3-year-old is very friendly and active with a love for sports. He is in preschool 3 days a week for a full day, and loves to explore museums and classes around the city with his baby brother. The family is down-to-earth with a love for life and they are eager to find a flexible candidate who is ready to go with the flow and grow alongside them for years to come!
The ideal candidate for this role will be personable, kind, and have just as much of a love for life as the family does; a candidate excited to be an extension of the family, to travel around the country, and to get outdoors with the children will feel right at home in this role! A joyful attitude and collaborative spirit will be key. Flexibility will be important as the family’s schedule fluctuates often with their work and travel itineraries. A team spirit and pitch-in mentality to help the home run smoothly will also be appreciated, such as tidying play areas, prepping healthy snacks and lunches, organizing closets, and assisting with afterschool pick up. They hope to find a candidate who is excited to join them in their travels and be a pillar of support while on the road. As their children grow, having an intuitive sense of developmental milestones and engaging him in enriching activities throughout the day will be essential; field trips to local museums, events, and classes encouraged! Their family also includes a miniature labradoodle and hope for a dog-friendly candidate.
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40-50 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Mondays through Fridays from 9am to 5pm. Flexibility for occasional evening, weekend, and travel will be expected and appreciated with advanced notice.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $30-35+/hour as well as a generous benefits package including additional compensation while traveling, assistance with healthcare, dental, and vision, PTO, and sick days.
- Start Date: As soon as they find the right applicant!
- Other Notes: Driving is required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty if needed.
- Create a warm, loving, and safe environment for the child to grow and thrive
- Transport child to and from classes and activities
- Plan play dates and enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures with an emphasis on reaching developmental milestones
- Plan activities and support a varying daily schedule. Become an asset to the family when traveling or spending time with family and friends
- Pitch in to the general tidiness of the home and occasional meal prep
- Travel with and provide support for the family both domestically and abroad throughout the year
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Recent, applicable experience working with infants through preschool ages
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A joyful, collaborative spirit
- Ability to travel frequently with the family, as well as for extended periods of time on occasion
- Flexible and adaptable to schedule changes
- Desire for longevity highly preferred!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!