A creative and well-traveled family in New Jersey is seeking a proactive, travel-ready nanny to join them in caring for their two girls, aged 5 and 2 years old, both at home and on the road!
This loving family highly values making their home a creative space where the girls can grow and thrive; some of their favorite activities include reading, coloring, and playing outdoors. Their 5-year-old is in pre-school and preparing to enter kindergarten in the fall. With a lifestyle that keeps this loving family on the go throughout the year, they are eager to find a nanny who can help them make the environment on the road just as fun, safe, and nurturing as it is at home for their girls. Their next trip on the itinerary will be from July through August!
The ideal nanny for this position will have an all-hands-on-deck and fun-filled spirit. The family is seeking an extra pair of hands to work full-time both in New Jersey and during domestic and international travel throughout the year. Flexibility and playfulness will go a long way in this bustling and creative home! While at home, pitching in with household tasks such as tidying up after the children, assisting with laundry, running occasional errands, and preparing healthy meals for the girls will be expected and appreciated.
As their 5-year-old enters kindergarten, the family hopes for a candidate who can assist her with homework and ensure she is on track while traveling. While traveling, maintaining a safe environment where the girls can continue to learn, have fun, and be supported will be at the heart of the role. The family also has two hypoallergenic, small dogs; very light pet care such as occasionally letting the dogs outside or filling their water bowl will be appreciated!
This is a full-time, live-out position based in New Jersey with frequent domestic and international travel throughout the year. While at home, the general schedule will fall on Mondays through Fridays beginning in the mornings through the afternoons/evenings. Flexibility to travel for extended periods of time will be a key element of this role. The family is offering $30/hour and are open to discussing benefits such as assistance with healthcare. Driving will be required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty. They hope to find the perfect candidate by June 2019!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have experience traveling. This family is prioritizing local candidates at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children both at home and while traveling
- Manage schedules and take children to school and their various extracurricular activities
- Engage the children in creative, educational outings and at-home activities
- Help foster childhood learning and provide homework assistance
- Be proactive and willing to jump in wherever needed
- Various household tasks including but not limited to tidying up after the children, assisting with laundry, running errands, and light pet care
- Prepare healthy, nutritious meals for the children
- Provide assistance while traveling with the family, including planning activities while on the road, packing for the children, and being a flexible and fun person to bring along!
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid passport
- Experience traveling both internationally and domestically; big plus for experience traveling in a touring capacity!
- Ability to travel frequently for extended periods of time
- A fun, playful, and creative spirit
- An all-hands-on-deck and pitch-in attitude
- A positive, team-player attitude when working with parents who work from home
- Flexible and communicative