A friendly, inclusive family based in Denver, CO is seeking a go-with-flow, warm, supportive nanny/family assistant for their 8 and 4-year-old children for a 4 to 6-month contract with potential to extend!
This fun-loving family (and their sweet yet shy cat) forms close bonds both with their immediate and extended family and their caregiver. They look to their nanny/family assistant for advice and guidance and value providing autonomy for them to take charge! Both their children are very bright and outgoing, get along very well, and are always ready for an activity or adventure. Their 4-year-old loves cooking, figuring out how things work, and physical activities and will be entering Pre-K this fall. Their 8-year-old plays piano and loves reading and writing. He has high functioning ASD and ADHD and thrives with a little extra patience and support while he navigates reciprocal communication and self-esteem. He’ll be entering 3rd grade this year and has been inspiring his brother to play piano as well! The whole family is inspired by their Italian roots, loves to head to the mountains nearly every weekend in the winters, and have a beautiful family motto that includes, “We believe experiences make us richer than things.” Their current nanny/family assistant (an Adventure Nanny!) will be headed on maternity leave in mid-July and they are seeking a kind-hearted, supportive nanny/family assistant to provide care for 4 to 6 months, with potential to extend into long-term!
This position is ideal for a candidate who is organized and flexible, who can roll with the punches and values feeling like an integral piece of the parental team. Both parents handle school drop offs in the mornings, and while the children are at school the role will focus on providing household support and assisting projects, such as grocery shopping, errands, calendar management, and more; perfect for a candidate with aspirations to grow into a family assistant/household manager! Preparing healthy and very simple meals for the whole family is a valued piece of this role as well; their current nanny/family assistant loves to cook and there’s ample time to do so in the daily schedule while kids are at school. After school hours will focus on fun-filled, engaging activities that keep the children active and assisting with evening routines. A candidate with a musical touch to motivate the boys to practice piano is a huge plus though not required!
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Mondays through Fridays from 9am to 6:30pm. Note that schedules will shift based on summer/school schedules and will be communicated in advance as much as possible. The family is very open to working with their candidate on a schedule that works well for all parties for this temporary contract, including discussing a part-time schedule if preferred.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $28+/hour, and will be open to discussing benefits should the position extend into long-term.
- Start Date and Contract Length: The position will begin in mid-July (exact start date is flexible) and extend for 4 to 6 months pending candidate availability, with the potential for long-term.
- Other Notes: Driving is required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty.
- Provide an enriching and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Support after school, evening, and bedtime routines
- Collaborate with parents to ensure continuity of care
- Prep simple, healthy meals for the family (the family primarily follows a pescatarian/Mediterranean diet)
- Various family assisting tasks including but not limited to grocery shopping, errands, closet organization, coordinating vendors, calendar management, and light pet care
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Recent, applicable experience caring for Pre-K through elementary-aged children
- Flexible to adjust to varying routines and ready to jump in where needed
- Organized and proactive
- Musical background is a big plus!
- Italian knowledge is also a huge plus!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position OR this family is prioritizing local candidates at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!