A warm, active family based in Washington DC is seeking a proactive, inspiring, and devoted nanny/family assistant to care for their 10-year-old and support their home!
This loving single father and his former husband are thriving as co-parents and together they have cultivated a large, inclusive, extended family unit where life is all about adventure! From exploring the world when it’s safe to do so, or visiting their country house in Virginia, to going on a bike ride around the monuments or a hike with their 1-year-old black lab, the whole family loves to stay active. The family describes themselves as service-minded and committed to giving back to others, and hope to instill this mindset in their growing son. He is talented and passionate, both in sports and in the arts; he is very skilled at soccer and drawing! He currently alternates between in-person for 3 hours a day, and virtual school days, and there is weekly testing for all people in the school, as well as mask-wearing. Their son is kind and creates deep bonds with the people in his life. Outdoor play together is very important to this family, and these dads are eager to find a creative nanny/family assistant who can inspire their son and support their home for years to come.
This position is ideal for an active and patient candidate who thrives in an inclusive work environment as an extension of the family! They are excited to work with a candidate who can foster their son’s natural ability and love for both the arts and physical activities, as well as be a positive motivator and role model to promote self-sufficiency and independence. A flexible candidate with a pitch in spirit who’s excited to jump in where needed as an extra pair of hands will be a deeply valued asset in this home, from prepping healthy meals to light tidying, to supporting their son’s development of personal responsibilities to be a helpful member of the family. Dad also runs his own exciting start up geared towards environmentalism, and would be thrilled to work with a candidate who is interested in growing in their role and contributing to work at the start-up and/or personal assisting tasks, depending on candidate interest!
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 45 hours per week, with hours generally falling on Mondays through Fridays between 8am to 6:30pm varying depending on the school days in-person and virtual schedule. The candidate may be asked to work additional evenings, weekends, and travel with advanced notice.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in for the foreseeable future, with the potential to transition to live-out post-COVID depending on candidate preference. Accommodations include a private bedroom and bathroom on a separate floor in the family’s home.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $30+/hour depending on experience, in addition to assistance with healthcare and relocation, PTO, and sick days.
- Start date: The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
- Other Notes: Driving is required for this role and a vehicle will be provided both while on duty and for personal use while the role is live-in.
- Care for, engage, and be a relatable role model for child
- Manage schedules and support daily routines
- Provide enriching experiences and activities beyond basic care with an emphasis on minimizing screen time
- Encourage self-sufficiency and independence
- Plan, motivate, and participate together in sports, activities, and art projects with the child each day
- Various family assisting tasks including light meal prep, organization, tidying, and the very rare pet care if possible
- Travel with and support the family as needed when it is safe to do so
- If desired, grow in the role by contributing to additional family and personal assisting tasks and/or the father’s start up company
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Travel-ready when it is safe to do so
- Familiarity working with middle school age ranges and being an inspiring role model
- Organized with a can-do spirit and team mentality
- Dog friendly!
- Bachelors Degree or coursework toward higher education is preferred!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position, with priority given to candidates who are already local to the District of Columbia. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!