A dynamic, loving family of five based in Palo Alto, CA is seeking an enthusiastic, flexible, and collaborative nanny to join their childcare team!
These kind, attentive parents have put together a tight-knit, wonderful fully staffed home where they value open mindedness, kindness, and compassion. This includes a 4-piece nanny team (including this new position!) that lovingly supports the family’s 12, 10, and 5 year old boys. The family deeply values their staff and have a long history of longevity in their roles (members of their current nanny team having been with the family for 10 and 6 years!). The family is very active, especially when it comes to outdoor recreation, and love to head outside for surfing, skiing, sports, and more. Their two oldest are in school full-time while their younger brother is part-time. When they aren’t at home they’re busy traveling the world as often as they can! The family is excited to find a team-oriented nanny to join their family for this truly once in a lifetime opportunity.
This position is ideal for a candidate with flexibility for extensive (and amazing) travel opportunities, and who would be thrilled to work on a dynamic, tight-knit team! They want to ensure their home is full of respect for all philosophies and lifestyles, and expects the same out of their future candidate. The family is deeply invested in their children’s education and are excited to find a nanny who brings an educational bend to each day for these three growing, curious children; an education background will be a huge plus! The ideal candidate will look forward to spending afternoons playing with the boys and working with a confident and well-equipped staff to help the home run smoothly. Pitching in with organization, laundry for their youngest, and general tidying will all be appreciated. An adventurous candidate who would be thrilled to add opportunities for skiing, surfing, ocean swimming, and more to their role will fit in seamlessly in this active, travel-loving home.
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, with the general schedule falling on Wednesday from 1pm-8pm, Thursday through Friday from 8am-8pm, and every other weekend. The ideal candidate will be eager to work rotational weekends and flexible with the team in terms of scheduling, particularly during travel.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. Temporary housing may be provided for the perfect relocation candidate.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $50-65+/hour and additional benefits like health, dental, vision, and life insurance, matching 401k contributions, monthly wellness stipend, relocation assistance, discretionary bonuses, and PTO. This will result in a guaranteed base compensation of $120k-$140k+/year before overtime and travel pay, bonus opportunities, and annual raises.
- Start Date: The position will begin in January 2022 with flexibility for an earlier start date for the perfect candidate.
- Other Notes: Driving is required for this role and a vehicle will be provided for professional use.
- Be an active, engaging, and motivational role model for three growing boys
- Provide enriching, educationally-minded activities beyond basic care
- Provide homework/educational support as needed
- Head outside with the children and engage in fun-filled activities
- Assist with organization, general tidying, laundry for the youngest child, and provide other household support as needed
- Collaborate with family and childcare team to ensure continuity of care and that the household is running smoothly
- Travel with the family extensively throughout the year both internationally and domestically
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Proven experience caring for school-aged children
- Experienced and confident working with multiple children in a role
- Extreme flexibility to collaborate on scheduling with the childcare team and provide support while traveling and during holidays (this flexibility is compensated generously)
- Experience with high-profile families, fully-staffed homes, and collaborating well in a shared care environment are all huge bonuses.
- Strong swimmer and comfortable caring for children in and around water
- Willing and excited to work most major holidays, particularly Christmas
- Dog friendly!
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!