A bustling, on-the-go family in Vienna, VA is seeking an organized, flexible, and multi-skilled family assistant to join their family team!
This active and friendly family has a dynamic schedule with a laidback environment in their home. Dad often travels for work while mom has a home office, and their three children, aged 8, 7, and 5 years old, attend school full-time. The whole family enjoys staying active and the children all partake in various sports and activities, from horseback riding to arts and crafts. With varying schedules and plenty of travel throughout the year, they hope to find a proactive family assistant with an all-hands-on-deck spirit to be a beam of support for their home.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a pitch-in attitude and be flexible to work with all the various changes of daily life! A candidate who is ready and excited to lend a hand wherever necessary will thrive in this role. Duties may include pitching in with housekeeping tasks such as laundry and vacuuming (the family employs a part-time housekeeper), running errands, managing the children’s schedules and transporting them to and from their activities, and preparing healthy meals for the family (while being mindful of various allergies in the family). With three kids in the home, a candidate who loves working with children will feel at home in this position; encouraging the children to pitch in with chores around the home will be a plus! When the family is traveling, being able to housesit and take care of the family’s golden retriever will be appreciated.
This is a full-time, live-in or live-out schedule of 40 guaranteed hours per week. If live-in, the family has a separate, private apartment above their garage. The schedule will generally fall on Mondays through Fridays from 11 am to 7 pm or 12 pm to 8 pm. The family is offering $25-$30/hour and are open to discussing benefits such as assistance with healthcare, dental, PTO, and sick days. Driving will be required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty. They are hoping to find the perfect candidate to start on September 1st, 2019!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny and Magnolia Agency candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Help with general household upkeep tasks such as laundry, vacuuming, and pitching in to the overall tidiness of the home
- Prepare healthy, balanced meals for the family while being mindful of various allergies in the family
- Care for and engage curious children
- Supervise timely afternoon routines ensuring everyone is on-time to practice, appointments, or activities
- Safe driving and always arriving on-time to scheduled pick-ups
- Various family assisting tasks as needed, including managing schedules, running errands, and organizing
- Light pet care
- Be an asset while the family is traveling by providing house sitting and/or pet sitting services
- A valid driver’s license
- Organized and able to think several steps ahead
- Flexible and adaptable to the various changes of daily life!
- Confident preparing healthy meals for the family
- A genuine love for working with children