An on-the-go, dynamic family in Manhattan is seeking an organized, reliable, and flexible nanny/family assistant to care for their 7-year-old boy and support their home!
This bustling mom has many moving pieces in her home and has put together a hard-working, collaborative staff. Her 7-year-old is creative, loves outdoor activities, and is beginning to enjoy acting! He attends school on weekdays until 3pm. With a busy schedule and plans that can fluctuate at a moment’s notice, the family is seeking a candidate to join their team who can provide engaging childcare in the afternoons as well as be a supportive, proactive team player to help the home run smoothly.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a go-getter, able to anticipate needs and always ready to jump in with both feet with little direction; strong communication skills and a team mentality will be key. While their son is in school and as needed, family assistant responsibilities can include grocery shopping, running errands, managing calendars, researching activities, assisting with travel preparations, light tidying and meal prep, and light pet care for their sweet senior dog. After school, the day will transition into providing enriching and engaging care for their son, providing assistance with homework, and being a positive role model. A candidate who can be patient and supportive while working with children with ADHD/ADD, as well as someone who is hygiene-conscious, and comfortable working with the daily regimes will be valued.
This is a live-out position of 30-40 hours/week with 40 hours guaranteed. The general schedule will fall on Mondays through Fridays from 2/3pm to 8pm, with additional hours added for family assisting projects in order to reach 40 hours per week; flexibility to provide on-call and weekend coverage when needed will be essential. The family is offering $30-$35/hour and are open to discussing benefits with the perfect candidate. The position will begin as soon as the family finds the right fit!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and live within a commutable distance to Manhattan. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Care for, engage, and be a relatable role model for child
- Assist with daily routines, including meal times, vitamin regimes, bathing, and bedtimes
- Safe and reliable transportation to and from activities
- Research and implement enriching activities and outings
- Provide homework assistance
- Manage schedules, plan activities, and support a varying daily schedule
- Various family assisting tasks including errands, managing household inventory, light tidying, light pet care, managing calendars, schedule reminders, event and travel preparation, etc.
- Assist with meal prep using healthy, clean ingredients
- Collaborate with the household team including the executive assistant and housekeeper to ensure the family’s needs are being met and the household is running smoothly
- A valid passport
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working with behavioral challenges/ADD/ADHD
- Experience in fully staffed homes a plus
- At least 5-10 years of professional childcare experience
- Currently within a commutable distance of Manhattan and comfortable with the MTA
- Flexibility to adjust to schedule changes
- Proactive and able to multitask and anticipate needs
- Strong communication skills and collaborative spirit