A wonderful family in San Francisco is seeking an active, creative, confident, and flexible nanny to join them in caring for their 2-year-old boy and 5-year-old girl!
This loving, supportive, and tight-knit family values finding joy within the small moments! They prioritize spending time with one another and their extended family whenever possible. Both parents enjoy creating a strong bond and partnership with their children’s nanny, and cherish the heightened energy and enthusiasm that comes along when working together as a team; all while ensuring to not micro-manage or get in the way of the flow of the day. This family also places a high value on nurturing their children’s education and development, and both enjoy various activities and classes throughout the day! This family doesn’t mind a mess if it means their children are learning or having fun; they are excited to find the perfect nanny to join them in their adventures!
The ideal candidate for this position will have a balance between professional and fun, will be enthusiastic, and will have a genuine love for active toddlers and passion for their development. An energetic spirit will come in handy in staying actively engaged and providing fun-filled, enriching experiences for the children. A background in education and deep understanding of developmental milestones is essential. Encouraging good behavior and routines through positive reinforcement and creativity will be a key element in this role. As their oldest is in school, the majority of the day will be spent with their 2-year-old, who also goes to school 2 days a week and enjoys various classes around the neighborhood! A candidate with a team spirit will fit right in, as they hope to find a nanny who would enjoy joining their family. Reliability and a supportive mindset is also highly valued! Having autonomy, intuition, and a pitch-in attitude to take on tasks around the home will be appreciated as well. This family is also excited to bring a nanny into their home who is excited to utilize their own creativity, interests, and skills (knowledge of other languages, healthy eating, and/or the ability to play an instrument would be huge bonuses)!
This is a full-time, live-out position based in San Francisco proper with a 30 to 40 hours per week schedule based on the candidate’s preferences and availability. The family is offering $30-$35/hour as well as additional benefits such as assistance with healthcare, dental, PTO, sick days, and a public transportation pass. A nanny vehicle may be provided will on duty if needed. They hope to find the perfect candidate by April of 2019!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have a background in education. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children
- Transporting children to and from school and activities
- Encouraging good behavior and routines through positive reinforcement and creativity, versus punishments and negativity (i.e. freedom with clear boundaries)
- Actively seek out and plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures, with an emphasis on reaching developmental milestones and engaging both children
- Assist with household duties such as laundry, helping with meal prep, and other tasks as assigned by parents
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A background in education and knowledge of developmental milestones
- A genuine love for engaging with toddlers and engaging in their development!
- An active, energetic, and engaging spirit
- Great instincts around health and safety
- Reliable, punctual, and supportive
- Knowledge of healthy eating habits
- A collaborative team spirit
- Knowledge of other languages (especially Spanish) a huge plus!
- Ability to play an instrument a huge plus!