A positive and laidback yet hardworking family is seeking a joyful, engaging, and fun-loving nanny to care for their two girls, aged 4 years and almost 1 year old in New York and the Bahamas!
Currently residing in the Hudson Valley of New York, the family runs a private club on a serene and peaceful island in the middle of the Bahamas that is only accessible via boat or seaplane – they will be returning to the island in September 2019! While life on the island can be full of sun, surf, and island-living, this hardworking family also invests their time and energy into their work. They thrive on positivity and fostering an engaging, loving environment with their children. Their 3-year-old is well-known around the club for being a happy, social, and smart toddler who loves to stay active, especially to swim! Their infant is smiley and happy and is on a strict schedule with feeding and naps. The family hopes to find the perfect candidate by the time they return to the island. They will likely be relocating back to the US in the summer of 2020 and while they are hopeful that their candidate will stay with them long-term after their move – destination TBD – they are open to the prospect of a candidate joining them only through the summer of 2020 season on the island as well!
The ideal candidate for this position will be engaging, joyful, fun-loving, and a team player! Having a sense of professionalism and dedication to the role will also be important, as the family hopes to find someone who can be a reflection of them while interacting with members and staff of the club. A background in education and/or an educationally-minded approach will be a huge plus in enriching the growth and development of their girls. The family will be looking into a pre-K curriculum to help guide educational exploration and development while in The Bahamas. Though the number one priority of their nanny will be the care of their girls, a candidate who can pitch in with laundry, grocery shopping (via golf cart!), and meal and bottle preparations will be greatly appreciated. A collaborative team spirit is a must when working alongside both parents and the family’s second nanny who supports the home as well. A candidate with a sense of adventure, a genuine love for children, and excitement at the prospect of making this island their home will thrive alongside this family.
This is a full-time, live-out position with private accommodations provided while in the Bahamas; a one-bedroom studio apartment right on the ocean. The family is offering around 50 hours per week with the general schedule falling between 8 am to 8 pm with two days off per week, consecutive days off will be offered wherever possible. Flexibility to provide occasional evening coverage will be appreciated. The family travels several times during the year and are seeking a candidate who is comfortable traveling with them or providing primary care while they are away. They are offering $55-$65k/year in annual earnings as well as generous vacation and sick days. Health insurance will be offered after a 6-month probationary period. They hope to find the perfect someone to join their family as soon as they find the right fit!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, are able to swim, and speak English fluently. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children
- Plan, supervise, and maintain rest, bed, and nap times, as well as morning and evening routines
- Provide overnight and primary care as needed
- Interact confidently, educationally, and creatively with active and curious children
- Plan local outings and adventures for the children
- Support a varying daily schedule. Become an asset to the family when traveling or spending time with family and friends
- Help foster childhood learning
- Provide age-appropriate educational and developmentally appropriate activities and opportunities for young children
- Assist with family laundry and grocery shopping
- Prepare healthy, balanced meals for the children as well as dinners for the family
- A valid US passport
- Comfortability driving a golf cart
- At least 5 years of professional nanny experience
- Experience working with infants and toddlers at the same time
- Familiarity with developmental milestones and early childhood education
- Engaging and active with a true passion for caring for children
- Excellent swimmer and comfortable caring for children in and around water
- Professional and polite demeanor, balancing a laid back attitude with high standards of excellence
- Positive, energetic, optimistic, responsible, proactive team player
- Health conscious and able to prepare wholesome meals
- Loves the outdoors and enjoys physical activities like hiking, running, and exploring