An active, loving family of four with a busy household is seeking a positive, intuitive, patient, and educationally-minded nanny to care for their two boys, aged 5 and almost 2 years old. Based in the Minneapolis, MN area, they hope to find the perfect candidate to support their family for years to come.
As a family with a busy schedule who loves to entertain and embark on both fun and professional adventures, their biggest priority is family and spending quality time with their children. Their 5-year-old has been attending Montessori school for several years and is currently in a play-based kindergarten class. The family has found that they value Montessori lessons and place an emphasis on teaching independence and respect for self and others in their home. They fuel their children’s education and development with their interests and love finding opportunities to nurture their growth through their day-to-day activities. They encourage silliness, warmth, and love in their home! They hope to find a nanny who can jump in and nurture this philosophy alongside them, as well as keep the home running smoothly so they can focus on what’s most important; family.
The perfect candidate for this position will have a creative mind and a can-do spirit. Their children are very active and enjoy various activities throughout both the summer and winter. Going on outings to local museums, the library, the park, and so much more can be expected with these two lively boys. A key element of this role will be serving as a positive role model for the children as they grow into their individuality. A candidate who has knowledge of early childhood education and can nurture their growth in creative ways will be a huge asset to this home. While mom works from home and is excited to partner with their nanny in fostering this loving space for their children, they also place an emphasis on providing their nanny and children with their own space throughout the day.
The family also hopes to find a nanny with an all-hands-on-deck attitude who can go the extra mile in their home; tidying play areas and assisting with household duties related to childcare as well as occasionally running errands and grocery shopping will be greatly appreciated. It is important to note that their 5-year-old has a peanut and tree nut allergy, so having experience and being comfortable working with children with food allergies will be essential.
This is a full-time live-out position in Wayzata, MN, with the schedule generally falling on Mondays through Fridays. Having the flexibility to work with schedule changes, working regularly in either the mornings or evenings, will be appreciated. Additionally, the family hopes to find a candidate who is comfortable working occasional weekends and overnights, as well as traveling with them several times during the year. They are offering $20 to $28 per hour depending on experience and qualifications as well as health insurance contributions, generous paid time off and paid holidays, and a business card for work-related expenses. A nanny vehicle will be provided while on duty.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and are comfortable swimming and with children in and around water. Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree who are local to the Minneapolis, MN area will be prioritized at this time.
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children
- Supervise and maintain rest, bed, and nap times
- Provide weekend and overnight care as needed
- Act in a firm-loving, warm way towards children when setting boundaries and expectations
- Communicate and collaborate with parents on the general care and development of their children
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures with an emphasis on reaching developmental milestones
- Plan activities and support a varying daily schedule. Become an asset to the family when traveling or spending time with family and friends
- Help foster childhood learning
- Perform light housework related to child care: clean up after meals, tidy play areas, assist with children’s laundry, etc.
- Occasionally run errands, assist with grocery shopping, and help keep the home running smoothly
- Excitement, eagerness, willingness, and flexibility to travel with the family multiple times per year and provide childcare during travel
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A valid US passport
- Comfortable with children in/around water
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Early childhood education experience and a knowledge of developmental milestones
- Familiarity with the Montessori method is a huge plus
- Spanish-speaking not required but a big bonus!
- Experience and comfortability working with children with food allergies
- Flexible and adaptable to schedule changes
- Creative, extroverted and always looking for fun and imaginative ways to engage the child
- Highly organized, with experience collaborating with a family