An innovative, loving Bay Area family is seeking an educationally-minded, flexible, and collaborative nanny to join their family team in caring for their 3 children!
These dual-career parents have fostered a warm, engaging, and stimulating home environment where their 4-year-old, 2-year-old, and newborn can explore their interests and lead the way in their development and independence; they have thus been drawn to the Montessori approach in their home. They enjoy prioritizing family time with one another, exploring the great outdoors and spending time in their community, and both of their children enjoy various activities. This family places a high value on communication, partnership, and collaboration in their home and have put together a tight-knit and supportive team including an additional nanny and the children’s grandmother. They are excited to find the perfect nanny who can join this team and work alongside them in setting up their children for success.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a team spirit, excellent communication skills, and a pitch-in attitude whilst collaborating in the home. The family is looking for someone who is focused on helping foster independence, resilience, and a love of adventure in their kids similar to the Montessori method, while also able to help with early educational fundamentals from an academic perspective. A background in early childhood education, in-depth knowledge of developmental milestones, and an excitement to create learning opportunities for the children in their day to day routines will be key. An all-hands-on-deck spirit will go a long way in this home, as performing child-related housekeeping duties such as laundry, organizing, tidying, transportation, and preparing healthy meals will be expected and appreciated. Comfortability working with food allergies will also be important. The family hopes to find a nanny who is excited to travel along with them on family vacations and help their children develop a sense of adventure and excitement, and an appreciation for other cultures. Trips to Hawaii, Tahoe, Whistler, and New York are all in the works for this upcoming year!
This is a full-time, live-out, rotational position based in Palo Alto, CA. The rotational schedule will include 5 days on, 5 days off and 2 days on, 2 days off. The family is open to discussing scheduling depending on the availability and preferences for the right candidate. The family is offering $35-$40/hour with built in overtime as well as an annual discretionary bonus, two weeks paid vacation, and healthcare and retirement benefits. A nanny vehicle will also be provided while working. They hope to find the perfect candidate to join their family as soon as possible!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have a background in early childhood education and/or in-depth knowledge of developmental milestones. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Assisting with child-related transportation and accompanying them to activities as needed
- Keeping toys, books, and other kid gear and materials organized and tidy
- Light child-related housekeeping like laundry, organizing kids meals/food prep/cleanup, etc.
- Assisting with coordination of the children’s daily scheduling and logistics
- Frequent communication with parents on developmental updates and childcare planning
- Ability to act independently and manage situations calmly
- Provide support while traveling with the family both domestically and internationally
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid passport
- Experience and familiarity with early childhood education and the Montessori philosophy strongly preferred
- Knowledgeable and proactive with developmental stages and proactive in teaching children.
- Flexibility to travel with the family and a spirit of adventure!
- Mandarin proficiency is a huge plus but not a requirement!
- CPR certified
- Up to date on immunizations with annual flu shot
By sharing your information with Adventure Nannies, you actively consent to the terms of our updated policy in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.