A warm, caring family based in Washington, DC is seeking an educationally-minded nanny/family assistant to care for their three young children!
This loving family deeply values kindness and plenty of fun in their home! They strive to instill good manners and practices in their children. They genuinely appreciate their nanny and consider them to be an extension of the family. Their 4-year-old boy and 3-year-old girl love to play and learn together, while their 1-year-old sister happily keeps up with them! The family is excited to find a candidate who will begin as a full-charge nanny and transition into a hybrid nanny/family assistant role once their 1-year-old enrolls in school part-time next fall 2020. The position will likely end in September 2021, once all of their children are in school full-time.
The family is excited to find a multi-faceted caregiver who values being an essential piece of the inner workings of the home. Collaboration is key in working with the parents to provide consistency in care, routines, discipline, and fun with their kids! An experienced and knowledgeable candidate who is excited to teach and provide enriching, educationally-minded activities will thrive in this role. As the position transitions into a hybrid nanny/family assistant role, the day to day can include preparing meals, running errands, organizing closets, managing schedules and more. A candidate who loves to cook will feel right at home! This position is ideal for a nanny who is eager to gain some valuable experience and knowledge in the world of working as an assistant while still being child-focused when the children are present, and a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who has long-term aspirations and can commit to working with a family for two years without the expectation to stay on for a longer period.
This is a full-time live-in position of 40-50 hours per week with the general schedule falling on M-F from 7:30am-5/5:30pm. Additional hours to be agreed upon in advance for occasional date nights and weekend coverage will be appreciated. Live-in accommodations will include a 3rd-floor suite with en-suite bath. The family is offering between $23-$25/hour and are open to discussing additional benefits such as assistance with healthcare, PTO, and sick days as needed. This position will begin in mid-November and extend through September 2021.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Care for and engage curious toddlers and a newborn baby
- Manage schedules and take children to school and their various extracurricular activities
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures
- Assisting the household in: managing schedules, running errands, grocery shopping, occasional meal prep, children’s laundry, general picking up around the house, and being proactive and jumping in where needed
- Provide educational and developmentally appropriate activities for the children
- Bright, driven and confident interacting with the children and running a home
- Demonstrates excellent judgement and ownership in their role
- A valid passport, driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to take on family assisting tasks as needed
- A desire to implement and engage children in developmentally-minded activities and prioritizing their interests
- Flexibility to work with schedule changes and to travel occasionally with the family
- An ability to maintain a balance of warmth and professionalism
- A positive, team-player attitude
- An engaging, energetic spirit
By sharing your information with Adventure Nannies, you actively consent to the terms of our updated policy in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.