A professional, loving family based in Washington, DC is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and intellectually curious nanny to care for their 4-month-old girl. They are excited to work alongside their nanny in nurturing their daughter’s curiosity and individuality.
These dual-working parents have thoughtfully prioritized creating an environment for their child where she can experience new ideas, explore the world around her, and discover and enjoy a broad array of intellectual and creative pursuits. At 4 months old, their baby is sweet-natured, curious, social, and quickly finding her own two feet!
As a bilingual household, the family is excited to raise their child with an appreciation of languages and a knowledge of Spanish. Grandma, who also speaks Spanish, lives just a few blocks away and is very active in her granddaughter’s life. This family believes in the importance of intellectual and cultural diversity and a deep respect for others; they are excited to find a nanny who shares these beliefs and can work alongside them to raise their child to be just as open-minded, worldly, and kind.
The ideal candidate for this position will be proactive, creative, energetic, and passionate about the world around them. An intellectually curious person who has the patience and energy to consistently engage with a growing 4-month-old socially, physically, and creatively will greatly enjoy working in this home. Experience with infants is essential, as well as a genuine interest in bolstering their child’s curiosity as she grows.
Though not required, knowledge and appreciation of other languages (especially Spanish or Mandarin) will be greatly appreciated in this home. With all of DC at their doorstep, the family hopes to find a nanny who is excited to provide social, fun, and developmentally-minded experiences and adventures around the city for their child. Pitching in to the overall tidiness of the home, providing healthy, balanced meals for their baby, and other various child-related household duties will also be appreciated.
This is a full-time, live-out position with hours generally falling on Mondays through Thursdays from 8 am to 6 pm. Flexibility to provide coverage on occasional evenings, Fridays, or weekends will be appreciated. The family is offering $25 to $30 per hour and they are open to discussing benefits such as healthcare reimbursement, paid time off, sick days, and a public transportation pass. The family hopes to find the perfect candidate by early March 2019!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family will be prioritizing candidates who are local to the DC area with a Bachelor’s degree at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the child
- Interact confidently, intellectually, and creatively with an active and curious child
- Engage baby in creative, age-appropriate, educational activities both in-home and through local outings in the DC area
- Provide enriching learning and developmental experiences and activities beyond basic
- Help maintain daily rest, feeding, and playtime routines
- Prepare healthy, balanced meals for baby as she transitions to solids in the future
- Child-related household duties including but not limiting to maintaining the tidiness of the child’s areas and children’s laundry
- Pitching in on the overall tidiness of the home
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- CPR certified
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree who are local to the DC area will be prioritized
- Experience with infants and developmental milestones is essential
- Knowledge of any language (especially Spanish or Mandarin) is a huge plus
- A creatively, intellectually curious mindset
- A professional, proactive attitude