A bustling family of five in the Bay Area is seeking a creative, active, and educationally-minded nanny for their 5-year-old, almost 3-year-old, and 1-month-old children!
Based near Redwood City on the Bay Area’s peninsula, these professional, dual-career parents have fostered a nurturing, fun-filled atmosphere in their home for their growing children, along with their sweet golden retriever! The older children attend school and various activities throughout the week while their 1-month-old enjoys engaging walks with the family dog. With many moving pieces and various schedules, the family deeply values punctuality and organization in order to ensure there’s still plenty of room for quality family time. They are excited to find an engaging nanny to contribute to the enrichment and growth of their young children!
The ideal candidate for this position will have a keen eye for finding learning opportunities throughout the day to day and excited to foster childhood learning! The family would love to have a nanny who can work with the children on their academics, socialization, behavior, and helping them discover their independence. A sense of creativity to teach through play, and an active, energetic spirit to play sports and other activities will all come in handy! In addition, having a proactive, punctual, and organized mindset will be deeply valued in this home; pitching in with general tidying, running an occasional errand, and walking their retriever will be appreciated. The family hopes for a candidate who can prepare healthy, well-rounded meals for the children as well!
This is a full-time, live-out position guaranteeing 40 hours/week with the schedule sometimes reaching 50-55 hours/week. Hours will generally fall on Mondays through Fridays between 7:15am to 6:30pm with some variability. The family is offering $30-$35/hour and additional benefits include sick days, PTO, and cost-free continuing education courses from top universities and companies through Coursera. Driving will be required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty. They hope to find the perfect candidate by February of 2020!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Care for, engage, and be a relatable role model for children
- Interact educationally and creatively with active and curious children
- Promote positive behavior and good manners
- Act in a firm-loving, warm way toward children when setting boundaries and expectations
- Collaborate with parents to provide consistency of care and discipline
- Provide enriching learning and developmental experiences and activities beyond basic care
- Provide age-appropriate educational opportunities for young children, including assistance with homework and reading and math support
- Prepare healthy, well-rounded meals for the children
- Pitch in with various household tasks including walking the dog, general tidying, and the occasional errand
- Travel with the family up to 2 – 4 weeks annually!
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid passport
- An Associate’s degree or higher a big plus
- Experience with newborns and infants
- A proactive, organized, pitch-in mindset
- Punctuality is key!
- Spanish knowledge is a huge plus
- A creative and educationally-minded caregiving approach
- Active and enjoys physical activities (their older children love soccer!)