A fun-loving and caring family based just outside of Boston, Massachusetts is seeking a communicative, educationally-minded, and active nanny to care for their almost 3-year-old and 3-month-old children!
Based in a coastal Massachusetts town, this family lives on an active, beautiful farm for the majority of the year, and escapes the winter in Los Angeles, CA. They value creativity, academics, a healthy and active lifestyle, and a sense of humor in their home! As their young children are in their exciting years of development, they are discovering and implementing an educational approach that is catered just for their bright, inquisitive children. Their oldest attends a Montessori school for the time being and loves to read and play on the trampoline! The family has a team-oriented approach to their home, and mom is eager to divide and conquer the day with a collaborative and compassionate nanny.
The ideal candidate for this position will be educationally-focused, a great communicator, and will value fostering creative, active minds with a love for learning! Having an appreciation for alternative education styles and providing an educational bend to each day’s fun-filled activities will be at the heart of this position; incorporating the outdoors will be all the better! Flexibility to go with the flow will be important as the family travels often and schedules can fluctuate. Comfortability around animals will be key, and though not required, knowledge of or excitement to improve on Spanish skills will be appreciated as the family is bilingual in English and Spanish. Contributing to prepping healthy, wholesome meals and assisting with occasional household errands and tasks will be a valued piece of this role. This family strongly values finding the lighter side in life, so someone who can bring their sense of humor to the role day-to-day is key!
This is a full-time live-in or live-out position of 40-50 hours/week. If live-in, accommodations include a newly furnished 3br/2ba detached apartment on the family’s farm with separate accommodations provided in LA as well. The general schedule will fall on Mondays through Fridays from 8am to 6:30pm with flexibility appreciated. The family is offering $35-$40+/hour and are happy to discuss additional benefits such as PTO and sick days. Ability to travel with the family is required. Driving is required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty. The position will begin as soon as they find the perfect fit! The family is hoping for a candidate who is excited about a making a 3+ year commitment to their family assuming it continues to be a wonderful match!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree or higher will be prioritized. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children
- Interact educationally and creatively with active and curious children
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures with an emphasis on reaching developmental and educational milestones
- Provide age appropriate educational and developmentally appropriate activities and opportunities for young children and help foster childhood learning
- Collaborate with mom to divide and conquer the day-to-day
- Provide childcare during domestic and international travel
- Prepare healthy, wholesome meals
- Pitch in to various household and family assisting tasks
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A valid passport
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- Educationally-minded, preferrably with a background in early childhood education
- Appreciation for alternative educational approaches including but not limited to Montessori, Waldorf, RIE, outdoor experiential education, etc.
- Knowledge or excitement to improve on Spanish skills a huge plus!
- Comfortability around animals, including dogs, horses, chickens, goats, etc. is essential
- Flexible to travel with the family
- Collaborative and reliable with excellent communication skills
- A love for the outdoors and passion for healthy living and eating