A friendly, heart-filled family in New York City is seeking an organized, playful, and educationally-minded nanny for their son who is in first grade! They hope to find the ideal candidate who can work alongside him as a tight-knit role model and caregiver to set him up for success.
These hardworking parents have fostered a loving, friendly, and enriching environment in their bustling household. They have strived to provide their son with every opportunity to expand his horizons! He currently attends a private school and spent many of his early years being exposed to English, French, and several dialects of Chinese. The family is eager to find a nanny with an educational background who can enrich his educational, social, and personal development.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a supportive, creative thinker with a background in education. This could include experience as an elementary school teacher, English tutor, reading specialist, or speech pathologist. This role will consist of designing language-rich games to play with their son, assisting with school work, accompanying him to his activities, organizing playdates, establishing routines and good organizational habits, and find learning opportunities in his interactions. If time allows, the family would also love to offer the opportunity to manage administrative projects throughout their home. As this home is a tight-knit, loving, and warm environment, they hope to find a candidate who will enjoy working closely with their family for years to come. There will also be opportunities to travel with the family throughout the year!
This is a full-time, live-out position with a general schedule of Monday through Friday from 1pm – 8pm daily. The family is guaranteeing 40 hours per week. They are offering $35-$40/hour as well as various benefits such as assistance with health care, sick days and access to a nanny vehicle. They are hopeful to find the perfect candidate as soon as possible!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have a background in education. This family is prioritizing local candidates at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the child
- Provide homework and academic support
- Manage communications with school in tandem with the parents
- Collaborate with teachers and parents to ensure that milestones are being met
- Design language-rich games to play
- Assist with homework and schoolwork and provide language learning opportunities
- Plan, manage, and accompany the child to activities and find learning opportunities in his interactions
- Potential administrative projects around the home
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A valid passport
- A Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree would be a huge plus!)
- A background in education or speech pathology
- Foreign language knowledge a plus (Cantonese or Mandarin a big plus!)
- Experience traveling with families
- Experience working in a staffed home
- A creative, positive, active, and playful mindset!