A loving, communicative, and intellectual family based in Portola Valley, California is seeking an energetic, positive, and educationally-minded nanny to join them in caring for their three inquisitive children, aged 6, 4, and almost 2 years old.
These devoted parents are passionate about fostering deep bonds with their children and providing them with an environment where they can enrich their minds. Everyone in this home loves to learn! Their children are growing up learning German and Mandarin. All three are extremely inquisitive, with interests ranging from space to geography to dinosaurs. Their youngest loves music and keeps up with her two older brothers with ease! Mom works from home in the family’s separate guest house and wants to ensure complete autonomy to their valued caregiver. As an on-the-go family, they are eager to find a nanny who can bolster this enriching environment and be a pillar of support for their warm and welcoming home.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a similar love for both learning and teaching, always thinking of creative ways to develop and foster the mental, emotional, and educational growth of their three children. An energetic and positive spirit will go a long way in keeping their children engaged and curious! Experience with all three age groups and a deep knowledge of their developmental stages will be essential, as well as a background in early childhood education. A playful, empathetic spirit balanced with a firm and guiding approach will be essential. Driving the children to their various activities and preparing simple healthy meals will be valued pieces of this role. While the top priority will be engaging the children and setting them up for success, an enthusiastic team player will also be appreciated!
This is a full-time, live-out position of 40 to 50 hours per week. The general schedule will fall on Mondays through Thursdays from 10 am to 6 pm and Fridays from 7:30 am to 4 pm. The family is offering $33/hour and are open to discussing benefits such as PTO and sick days. A nanny vehicle will be provided while on duty. The family hopes to find the perfect candidate by early April 2019!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have a background in early childhood development. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children
- Transport children to and from school and activities
- Bring a tranquil, even-keeled attitude to the daily routine of the children
- Lead by example and provide positive role-modeling around the home
- Help foster childhood learning
- Focus on the children, their specific needs, educational play, and developmental milestones
- Provide enriching and educational experiences and activities beyond basic care
- Lend a helping hand wherever possible
- Prepare simple meals for the children
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A background in early childhood education and familiarity with developmental milestones
- Experience working with multiples
- Experience working with age groups of the children
- An energetic, positive spirit
- An intellectual, creative mindset with a deep love of learning and teaching
- A balance between fun and professional