A warm and professional family of 4 is looking for a full-time live-out nanny to care for their 2-year-old and 5-year-old daughters in Brooklyn Heights. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, have experience working with young children, and be energetic and creative.
Creating fun and new adventures in the park nearby and dressing up for imaginative play as creative characters are just a couple activities these adorable little girls enjoy. The ideal candidate will be positive, enthusiastic, highly organized, comfortable assisting with meals for the family and will assist in keeping the child’s areas as well as common areas clean and tidy. The family is looking for someone with excellent time management skills who is willing to step in and help out with light household assisting duties, and is cooperative and able to differ to the parents and collaborate for decisions in the household. The oldest daughter is in speech therapy, and continuing her education at home with the perfect nanny is very important to this loving family. Experience with speech therapy is a welcome bonus.
The schedule will be Monday-Friday, 8:00am-6:30pm.(a little flexibility on the end time is appreciated as mom and dad both take the subway home and will occasionally arrive home a few minutes late with notice.) Duties will include preparing the 5-year-old daughter for school, which she attends from 9am to 2:30pm, attending classes with the 2-year-old, and taking both children to additional classes, tutoring, and music lessons in the afternoons. The ideal candidate for this position is optimistic and proactive, and interested in collaborating with Mom and Dad to help smoothly run their busting household. Additional duties will include light housekeeping (children’s laundry once per week) and tidying up the children’s bedrooms and playroom with their assistance. This family is seeking someone proactive and organized with a healthy lifestyle who will be a good role model for their intelligent daughters!
The family is offering between $900-1,000 a week for the right person. Additional evening and weekend coverage may be requested and compensated for. The start date is as soon as they find the perfect fit.
This position is open to nannies in the New York City, Brooklyn and surrounding areas within commuting distance to Brooklyn Heights.
* Standard childcare duties including bathing, feeding, dressing, napping, and assistance with morning and evening routines
* Provide enriching experience and activities beyond basic care including local outings and adventures
* Collaborate with parents to support the child in reaching developmental milestones
* Preparing fun and educational lessons and activities to aid in the children’s development
* Meal preparation for the family
* Assisting the oldest with homework for speech therapy at home
* Manage schedules and take children to school and their various extracurricular activities
* Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures
* Household management tasks to include: groceries, meal prep, children’s laundry, general picking up around the house, organizing children’s rooms once a month
* Provide homework assistance as needed
* At least two years professional childcare experience
* A genuine love for children with a kind and caring demeanor
* A highly organized and neat personality
* Healthy and active lifestyle
* Creative, extroverted and always looking for fun and imaginative ways to engage the child
* Knowledge of developmental milestones